Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OC older hardware for better gaming [merged]

Mista K6,

I belive you are wrong to a extent, With my HP computer.. I have been able to overclock from 2.4 to 2.8 perfectly fine using CPUFSB. Now if they gave me PC3200 ram rather than 2700 I would be able to go farther.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista K6
    Heh, what amd_man is saying is that OEM comps, like Dell, Compaq, etc, WILL NOT O/C AT ALL. Dont bother trying, they cant do it. The options arent available in the BIOS and the parts they are made with are only good enough to run at standard settings. : peace2: Mista K6
    Thats not what I was saying at all, I don't exactly see where you got that from.

I was simply saying that if he read the thread he'd know to get SoftFSB or CPUFSB and see how it goes

I also stated with those 2 programs that great overclocks won't be achieved due to the fact that no voltage changes can be made to components so this will be the limiting factor plus the overclock only works while in the Windows enviroment.

Just to tack something onto the back of this. Seeing as you can't overclock your existing system your best of looking into how you can improve you current systems performance. The obvious is to crack open the old wallet. However, you should find out about freeing up the current resources you have.

Shutting down background applications is the first thing to do. Search the tt website your bound to find some handy stuff here.

Ahhhh, sry then man, I misunderstood you. :?:

If you have windows XP, I'd recommend checking out the two XP guides here at Tweaktown. If you have another OS, check out www.pureperformance.com, as they have many good tweaks there too. : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

That is true. Great thing to do for older pcs.

Espically defragging, I recommend PerfectDisk and Diskeeper for defragmentation. I'm sure there is a free alternative out there some where.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information