Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Advice about what to set the divider to

Hi everyone,
    I have the following:
    ABIT IC7
    1 GB Corsair PC4000 Pro
    AIW 9800
    Vantec Aeroflow HSF
    2 WD 36G Raptors in RAID

I have a question regarding my overclock. Right now I am at 3.23 GHz with my divider at 1:1. It's the highest I can go with this divider. I should be able to get more out of it, but my memory is holding it up i guess. So I am asking you're advice...If I change the divider to 5:4 and up the CPU freq while lowering the RAM freq will I take a performance hit? Also, then my memory will most likely be underclocked. Should I get better performance going to a 5:4 divider, or if I stay at what I am now. If I go to 5:4 I'll have to raise the Vcore and the temps may get hotter decreasing performance right?
    Thanks in advance.

OK but what ya left out is what speed ya CPU is stock and are the AGP/PCI buses lock plus what ya CPU voltage is set at now? :?:

My CPU stock speed is a 2.6c, the AGP/PCI bus is fixed, my CPU voltage is 1.575, and VDimm is 2.7V.

There's nothing wrong with uppin' the CPU voltage to 1.6-1.65v and the memory voltage to 2.8-2.9v. Now your somewhere about 250MHz with that overclock, the extra voltage to the memory may get ya to about 260MHz or so but if it doesn't or ya want to go further then the 5:4 divider will be needed but ya won't be takin' a performance hit in the real world.
    Good luck.

Thread Information