Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gecube 9600XT-G Overclocking problems

I beleive he is talking about the 9600XTGU-C3 which is in fact, the 9600XT "Extreme Edition" graphics card made by Gecube. I honestly dont care how many awards this card has supposedly racked up, all it comes to in the end is how reliable the card is to the purchaser, and i can tell you that to me and a fair few others, this card has not been reliable AT ALL.

But it doesnt matter, ill probably be tossing this card in the trash soon and getting a Leadtek WinFast 5900XT, which is around the same price but with WAY better performance. I have tried other ATI cards and have had absolutely no problems with overclocking, and by going a 5900XT i mean no disrespect to ATI peoples as in my opinnion ATI is simply the best way to go for graphics cards, but i cant afford the $600 for a 9800 Pro (Australian) or the $450 for a 9700 pro, so the 5900XT at a cost of $350 is just perfect for me, sorry , but GeCube have totally ruined me with frustration over this damned card.

But hey, maybe there are others out there who have had better experiences with this card then me, and good luck to them. :)

-Razorscott2yk.

i hear ya bro, i got a built by ati radeon 9600 pro at home i think ima ebay this thing and put that back in... Hey im going water kooled via a koolance case in about 2 weeks. What are the overclocking potnetials of a water-cooled gpu?

just sent an email to ati. Basically i told them gecube is selling a card which doesnt even run stably at stock clock speeds due to insufficient cooling. I told them i tried to contact gecube to no avail and so now im coming to them. I asked if i could trade my gecube card for a standard built by ati 9600xt. ITS REDICULOUS GECUBE HAS NO WAY OF CONTACTING THEM WHATSOEVER!!!![/b]

Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak84
    ITS REDICULOUS GECUBE HAS NO WAY OF CONTACTING THEM WHATSOEVER!!!!
    From this page, http://www.gecube.com.tw/whereToBuy.php
    INFO-TEK CORPORATION

Taipei:
    9F No 19-6 San Chung Road Nan-Kang Area,Taipei 115
    Tel: +886 (2) 26550166
    Fax: +886 (2) 26550156

Headquarter:
    12 Shyr Jiann Road, Hsin-Chu Industrial District, Hsin-Chu, Taiwan
    Tel: +886 (3) 5979999
    Fax: +886 (3) 5977553

E-Mail:

sales@gecube.com.tw (Sales)
    fae@gecube.com.tw (Technical Support)
    marketing@gecube.com.tw (Marketing Support)

awesome just sent an email to tech and support ill post what comes of it...

You know that ya'll likely be told that so long as the card works fine at its specified speed then there's nothin' that will do about how poorly it overclocks but also that mobo of your's could also be part of the problem.

i think im gonna buy an nfroce 2 ultra and see how it does, would that be better? cause the card isnt working at stock settings even after an extended period of use... But nothing is really getting hot in the case..

Ok, well firstly if you have experimented with other drivers you are probably going to have to download "driver cleaner", uninstall the ati drivers, reboot then run driver cleaner, reboot and then install the drivers you want to use. This ensures a nice, clean installation.

^^ The first point above is very important and the cause of 99% of crashes, well, except in my case. Then after the computer has successfully booted up after you've installed the drivers, disable fastwrites. I have heard people saying that you have to leave fastwrites on for the 9600 series but i think that is totally different with the XT versions as turning fastwrites on in my MSI 865PE Neo 2 only makes the games jitter like crazy!

Also try upping the agp voltage to 1.7 or 1.8 in BIOS and turning down the AGP Aperture to 64, as ATi recommends, but some people have better luck with 128. You could also try runing the card in 4X mode in smartgart instaed of 8X.

Good luck.

Razorscott2yk.

HEAT!!!!! heat my boy!!!!! thats our adversary my 9600XT (2.5ns) starts to dog out at 570/410 and that with the standard issue h/s & fan. I was tempted to rip all the crappolla off me card and bolt a cpu h/s & fan to the ***** but a while back I killed a brand spanking new GF3 Ti500 by doing that so these days I'm a bit apprehensive! :?
    64/3500+ | Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939 | Gainy 6800 GS golden sample using 71.20 and DX 90c| 1Gb Geil PC3200 | WD 120Gb 7200rpm 8mb buffer | XP Pro + SP1 | Pioneer DVD burner dual layer | Antec 480 watt truepower wrapped in a Enermax 710B case | Dell 21" Trinitron.....etc

Default Re: Gecube 9600XT-G Overclocking problems

Hi there bluestreak,

I have a Gecube 9600xt 256mb (Encore Edition) Video card which i think is basically the same as yours apart from the memory size/speed, and i also have the same problem with overclocking it. I think i can only get my to overclock about 10% before i start to have system instability. The only thing i have found that might fix the problem is this from the the Gecube website, under the FAQ for our video cards:
    http://www.gecube.com/faq.php?modID=7
    The first question in the FAQ seems to be along the lines of the problem we are having. I haven't tried it myself, however it looks like it might solve the problem.
    Anyway, hope this helps fix the problems people are having with these cards. (mine included )

EDIT *** Looking at this again, i just realised this only applies to people having problems with this card and have a KT400a mobo chipset runnning the card at stock speed. Won't help me as i have a p4....dam...
    Last edited by Katatonia2; 07-27-2004 at 12:01 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information