Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overclocking the 3000+ on a 333fsb?

with my mobo right now i can run cpu to ram ratios like 2:1, 4:5 etc, so that the cpu and ram can run at different frequencies. Cant I just do that with the new board? I got 1.5gigs of pc2700 memory, and it would be an awfully expensive endevaor to get all 3200!

Yes ya can run the memory at a slower speed to the CPU's FSB with them but how much this will effect performance I can't say as I havn't tried it and as these mobo's are dual channel memory enabled ya'll only need 2 memory sticks but if ya insert 3 sticks the mobo may revert to single channel mode (some do and some don't but I've never tried this either as I've alway found 2 x 512MB sticks more than sufficiant).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=42012

is that the right board im not sure how to tell if the grpahics are integrated or not, does it even ,atter as i will be using a radeon for the grafix? I know u gave me links to sites but im trying to find a good deal on ebay and wanna make sure i dont get the ****ty mobo!

ohhh just found the epox for real cheap, im gonna buy it, is it worth say $45? Also, I am selling my 9600xt to get a built by ati radeon 9800 pro. I am getting a koolance water-cooled case, any ideas on the speeds i can run the gpu/cpu at with water cooling?

That's the earlier version of the one I linked above and no there is no onboard video plus be sure that it is a Ver 2.0 and not an earlier version but as that one is listed as a "Factory Refurbished" one I'd personally stay away from it (you could be buyin' trouble there).

That sounds ok as long as your happy buyin' off ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    An Abit NF7-S Ver 2.0 (don't get the Ver 1.#), ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe or an EPoX 8RDA3+ would be good ones to consider.

I second that as all three of the Companies above are of a reputible nature and stand behind thier product, not to mention the already well reknown Nforce 2 chipset coupled with Ausus Deulxe Rev 2.0, Gigabit ether net and you should be in for good times. As well as happy OC' camping.

In general you should make sure that your case has good airflow and a decent heatsink/fan combo. And don't forget about Those Case fans too an 80mm intake and exhaust should suffice. Better yet 2x80mm intake and 2x80mm exhaust would be even better. Combine that with a, " blow-hole fan(A fan at the top of your Case) and you'll be in like flint.

However you might consider investing some money in an aftermarket Heatsink/fan combo like This one below FromXoxide's site

Should mention some specs about this unusual Heatsink/fan combo. It's an aerocool ht-101. An all Copper heatsink that mounts 2x80mm fan horizontaly and I belive the theroy involved in this is as follows.
    1 fan blows air through the heatsink's fins and 1 fan sucks the hot air twoards the Exhaust fan of the case and efectively Rams it out the case.

#Hashx# those heatpipe HSF's work ok when they're in that position (desktop style) but most when in a tower case on their side don't work near as well plus I'd take a cheap Volcano 7+ anytime.

yeah im gonna purchase the epox. Here si the next upgrade for my system all in one step im goin oc style:

radeon 9800 pro
    epox EPoX 8RDA3+ Mobo
    Koolance PC2-601 with cpu waterbloack, gpu waterblock, mobo block and harddrive block.

Then im gonna oc the the athlon 3000 and the 9800. I read all about the differences in water and air cooling and it seems for the price id pay to get a nice air cooled setup i could just get a nice water setup and keep it 50% cooler. Think this setup will oc nicely?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information