Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overclocking the 3000+ on a 333fsb?

I have a athlon xp 3000+ and i just purchased an xp unlcoking kit. Right now im running 2.17ghz, but my mobo only goes to 333fsb. Is there any room for overclocking here im running my mobo at 333fsb right now!?

have you tried upgrading your bios on your motherboard?
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

I got a KS746FX made by SYNTAX

Well seeing as I've never even heard of that company before, your basically out of luck for OC as I'm sure the bios has little to no options as it is most likely a board geared for nothing more than a stable PC at stock speeds

Yep Syntax is a supplier of OEM motherboards and are ya sure that your's is an KS746FX and not an S746FX as I can find no reference for the one you gave but that's beside the point as you won't get any overclockin' out of it plus I very much doubt that a program such as SoftFSB or CPUFSB could even work with it due to the chipset limitations.

yeah mine is S not F your right. SO no luck? I was looking at getting an nforce2 ultra, what u think?

An Abit NF7-S Ver 2.0 (don't get the Ver 1.#), ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe or an EPoX 8RDA3+ would be good ones to consider.

is there a difference between 'e' and 'x'? like will this board be good:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=42012

That board that ya linked has intergrated video and won't overclock. I linked those 3 boards as they do overclock well. Another thing is with that XP3000+ of your's bein' a 333DDR version and not the later 400DDR version it's very likely not locked so droppin' the multiplier and upping the FSB to 200MHz (400DDR) will probably work but ya'll need to get good PC3200 memory.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information