Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 9CJS, 1024 Crucial PC3200B, Pentium 2.4C

Thats what I want to overclock. When I tried before to overclock, it wouldn't find my harddrive :shock: If anyone has overclocked a 9CJS, feel free to tell us how!

Well here is what I have the Chaintech 9cjs mobo with 550 watt antec truepower ,2.8c, and the latest bios revision. I am using 1 gig of pc4000 simpletech memory. I have a 36 gig WD 360 raptor sata Hard drive. If you have the first bios revision then you should update it if you intend to do any overclocking at all. I am using a 9800 pro 256 meg ddr2 video card as well. The CT bios seems to have probs with the sata working when OCn. There second revision states it has fixed this. Third revision adds support for running raid - 1. With this setup i run around 233 1-1 in bios stable with the stock heatsink and default voltage. I can boot with around a 239 bios but seems very unstable. ATM I am using the cheap thermal paste that came with the mobo and stock heatsink. I have a sp94 thermalright and AS5 that should be here tomorrow. I am hoping this will solve the problem of getting to 250 fsb. The pc4000 freaks out if i try to set the divider , I am told that if your using 3200 as you said that it will set and take fine. In that case you should set the FSB to 250 and put a 5:4 divider on it. I am still unsure as to what is causing my instability at the higher (240-250)speeds. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas pls let me know. The AGP/PCI lock is set to 66/33 with the auto detect disabled. The bios is running my sata HD as a raid (non raid disc) drive. I have tried giving the core more juice and it gets closer to booting windows , but wont make it. At 250+ it hits a brick wall and barely lets me into the bios to change it (sometimes it wont). When your tweaking and you run into a non bootable and cant get into the bios power off the machine and use the home key to power it up , seems to load it up with basic settings , and seems to get you into the bios most of the time without having to set the jumper.

im now hitting 245- 980fsb with the sp94 guess temps was holding me back. I still cant get it stable at 250 starting to think its the costa rica processor. One thing i forgot to mention in previous post is that the board atleast my board seems to be serious undervolters. Use the apogee program to monitor northbridge and processor temps as well as what voltages are actually getting to your processor. I find that if i set it to 1.60 in bios i get 1.55.

Thread Information