Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P4 with 1mb cache

Can anyone tell me the heat difference between a 1mb and 512 cache

Hmmm, just a guess. Higher frequency and voltage could cause a higher temperature. Correct me if i'm wrong here folks.

cahche wont make a heat diff, but the processor speed/voltage will....

Soyoman if u just read the question u will notice the key word there DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, 1Mb as opposed to 512kb has faster cacheing speeds and allows you to store twice the amount of information in cache memory than you would be able to with the 512kb. That's about the only difference.

So basically you'll have faster load times when running applications and certain applications that run off CD's wont have to constantly go back and forth loading info all the time, just occasionaly.

hes asking about heat though....h-e-a-t...not speed....

more cahce more transistors, more transistors more heat (considering the cache is in cpus who are otherwise identical.)
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

thankyou gar187er i just wanted to try and understand how just a little change in cache can make such a diff in heat i have heard of many diff readings and really didnt know what to expect if i upgrade to an oc'ed 1mb cache p4

yea....it will be very minimum change in heat compared to a similar speed processor.....

i have been in many forums-heat readings with 1mb cache are ranging 40 c to 60 c which makes me happy when i run a cool 27 c to 35c with my xaser III may wait to upgrade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information