Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Geil PC4000

Having a hard time ocing geil pc4000 have tried different settings and no luck as high as i can get seems to be 3600mhz on p4 3.0 have an asus p4c800e deluxe Could someone please help. My temps are nice and low running about 86d on idle oced to 3553Mhz with 100d on load.

Geil set to 2.75v
    vcore auto
    237 fsb
    ram settings are 2.5 clocks, 4 clocks, 4 clocks, 8, 8
    Performace mode disabled
    Hopes this is enough info.

I dont have any geil ram but everything I have read points to needing more voltage than what you have listed as giving it. I would recommend giving it atleast 3.0 that ram is powerhungry. Raise it at .1 increments till you get it stable.

I dont have any geil ram but everything I have read points to needing more voltage than what you have listed as giving it. I would recommend giving it atleast 3.0 that ram is powerhungry. Raise it at .1 increments till you get it stable. Generally voltage is to blame for bad or subpar memory performance. Also your core being a 3.0 is less overclockable imo than a say 2.4c. I have a 2.8c and it wont do better than 3.45 on air. wich is 980 fsb. I also use pc4000 diff brand though.

Thanks for ure replies kept working with it and running stable at 3.6 with ram voltage at 2.85 just left vcore to auto but when i play battlefield it shuts off or locks up.

you should download a utility like sandra and use the burn in wizard , just have it run 10-20 aritmetic benchmarks. Generally thatll heat it up or strain the cpu for power if something is going to. If thats the case I recommend upping voltage even more on your ram I believe its recommended higher than you have it. The p4s dont seem to need much upping in voltage from default voltage. I only get a few more on my fsb by getting my voltage over stock. That ram though from everything I have needs lots of voltage atleast 2.9 imo.

Thread Information