Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intel P4

I have an Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz. I am interested in overclocking it. I have a MSI PT880 Neo motherboard and really cheap PC3200 RAM. Do you think that I could overclock this processor to 2.8Ghz. I am not experienced at all in overclocking so some tips would be greatly apreciated (spelling?).

i think you can just press delete when you startup to enter bios. Then go to the chip or cpu thing and it should have the speed and multiplier settings. Set the clock to manual and set the thing thats like 10x24 or watever to higher like 11x25 or 15x27 or something like that. logon and go to system and it should show its faster

The info from Satanicsanta090 is wrong as you will not be able to change the multiplier at all but you will be able to change the FSB. Also is that 2.4 an A (100MHz FSB), a B (133MHz FSB), a C or E (200MHz FSB) CPU? If it is one of the last then you'll be able to set the CPU/Memory ratio at 5:4 to take the load of the memory while you raise your FSB.

Searching the forums and Google would probably answer any questions you have regarding overclocking, and you wouldn't have to way for someone to post.
    :cheers:

Well when you build ya PC you need to have OC;ing in mind. Cheap PC3200 is gonna bite you in the ass...

i wasnt talking about the multiplier thats locked. its the second setting with speed i ferget what its called

no man I have a P4s533 motherboard with 2 ghz p4 from Asus so its different from urs probably but on mine u can set ur processor speed when u get to ur settings it says:

Motherboard control:
    choices are manual, automatic, and default

Multiplier:
    2x (its gray and locked)

THE THING WHICH NAME I FORGOT
    default 10x20

I know that I can't tell what the hell you're talking about but do you even have a clue?

:roll: calm down man i restarted my comp and took a look at it its the CPU frequency. Its under advanced when you enter the motherboard settings. You have to first change the CPU setting to manual and then you can tweak the frequency. After ur done go to your control panel and check the speed ur cpu is running at and it should be faster if you set the frequency higher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information