Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: What should I do next?

I am overclocking my 2500+ on a NF7-S and I am a bit stuck. My multiplier is locked which really sucks :oops: . Right now I am at 218x11 which is just over 2.4 ghz I believe (this is on water cooling). But when I set the FSB to 220 it resets right before it goes into windows. Does that sound like my memory or the fsb is just too high due to chipset or the processor limitations?

Crap I ment to put this in overclocking :oops:

I'll move it to overclocking for you. ;)

As to your question, it could be either the memory or the processor giving up on you. Since you're on water I assume temperatures are being monitored and are well within the acceptable range? If so then you might try boosting voltages on both the memory (if it is quality that is... you don't mention what type you're using) and also on the processor. You're not taking the FSB high enough for me to be too concerned about the Northbridge temps so I doubt it will be there that is holding you back.

Of course, not all processors are created equally. It may be just as high as it will go, but there have been a lot of recent articles regarding burn-in time at full power and high voltages to get processors moving at their true potential.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yeah I think you are right...I just have some cheap 3200 memory. I increase the voltage of the memory and it booted into windows. I doubt it is that stable tho...probably just need some better memory. Any suggestions on what would push 220 FSB with reasonable timings?

That's worse and more expensive than the Geil and Muskin I linked too...
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...146-293&depa=0
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...144-512&depa=0
    The Mushkin is better, but the Geil is pretty nice for its price.

Thread Information