Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New to OCing need a little advice/help/tips

this is my first attempt at ocing and I need a little well a lot of help. Here are my specs.

AMD64 3200+ (stock fan)
    k8v deluxe se
    1gig Kingston DDR400 PC3200
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 pro 128bit

I am not looking to go overboard (well not yet anyways) and wanted to know some settings perhaps without adding anything right now that would help me get better performance. I have been trying to look around the web but I am having trouble finding my setup and being able to compare. Will this overclock well or not well? Maybe some minor adjustments at first to get my feet well that I won't have to worry about overheating.

Thanks

If it's stable, then it's not too hot. Lower temps are always better, but motherboard temp sensors aren't usually accurate. They're close, but don't take them as gospel.

Without overclocking, you can get some extra performance if you set your CAS timing to 2. Lower memory timings are better, but not all RAM can handle it. You've got Kingston, so you should be able to do some decent tweaking there.

Thread Information