Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: BIOS flash question

Since the BIOS that my Dell computer came with does not allow for overclocking or really doing anything but change the time-----I was wondering if I could flash it to a BIOS that would allow for overclocking? Is this possible or do I have to stay with a Dell BIOS?
    Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHZ 533FSB
    1024MB PC-3200 DDR-SDRAM
    Sapphire Radeon 9800PRO 128MB
    Foxconn 865-PE6LS Motherboard
    Western Digital WD400BB 40GB, Western Digital WD600BB 60GB Hard Drives
    POWTEC Demon 480W PSU
    Dell UltraSharp 18001FP 18" LCD Monitor
    Windows XP Professional SP2

You're pretty much stuck. Even if you could overclock it, you would need better cooling than Dell comes with. You might try Soft FSB (search Google for it), but you won't be able to increase your performance much, if it all with that Dell system. :2cents:

You might try the Windows XP Tweaking guide to increase your performance. That would certainly help a lot. It's linked to in the Windows forum.

You can't interchange BIOSes, so no, you can't use any other BIOS than the one specifically for your system. As mentioned, SoftFSB is the only way to go.

Tis what I thought, I heard somebody saying that you could and I thought that sounds wrong----I was just making sure. I have already done all the tweaking guides, actually used all that applied to me, they REALLY work. XP tweaking and some others made my computer at least twice as fast (or so it seems) and that fast boot program, although it was hard to find (most of the links didn't work) made my comp boot up in about 10 seconds. Graphics card overclocking helped a good bit and I run pretty much anything at pretty high settings (except a few games) well thanks guys, I dont believe I need overclocking, my 2.53ghz Pentium 4 is fast enough for me, and new memory and a graphics card make will make my computer a great gaming setup. When it starts getting out dated to the point where I cant play new games (uh-oh that sounds like really soon) then I'll put together a custom computer for meself like I did in 1998 with an AMD K6-2 and an SiS Mobo.
    Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHZ 533FSB
    1024MB PC-3200 DDR-SDRAM
    Sapphire Radeon 9800PRO 128MB
    Foxconn 865-PE6LS Motherboard
    Western Digital WD400BB 40GB, Western Digital WD600BB 60GB Hard Drives
    POWTEC Demon 480W PSU
    Dell UltraSharp 18001FP 18" LCD Monitor
    Windows XP Professional SP2

Thread Information