Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: p4 3.0 ghz overclock




  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1

    Default

    im new to overclockin and was wonderin if yall could help me overclock my 3.0

    my specs are

    3.0 p4 w/ hp @ 800fsb
    intel 875pbz mb
    2 512mb pc4200 ramm
    geforce 5950 vid card

    ive also got a antec 550 true watt power supply


    any suggestions??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fincastle, IN, USA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default

    You can't OC with an Intel made mobo

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    That's not exactly true with that mainboard but it won't be a proper or even a good overclock as it will be only a software overclock, Intel Desktop Control Center.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fincastle, IN, USA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    That's not exactly true with that mainboard but it won't be a proper or even a good overclock as it will be only a software overclock, Intel Desktop Control Center.
    From what I've seen that only allows you to OC the system by 4%, which is crap.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    That's not exactly true with that mainboard but it won't be a proper or even a good overclock as it will be only a software overclock, Intel Desktop Control Center.
    From experience...that control center is crap! Nothing you can't do in the bios. So its just a waste of SPACE!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    Gee you little teenie boppers don't read very well, "but it won't be a proper or even a good overclock", so why don't you fools STFU and go play in the sand pit and bigjohnstudman should now know why you don't buy Intel made mainboards if you want to overclock. :roll:

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fincastle, IN, USA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    Gee you little teenie boppers don't read very well, "but it won't be a proper or even a good overclock", so why don't you fools STFU and go play in the sand pit and bigjohnstudman should now know why you don't buy Intel made mainboards if you want to overclock. :roll:
    Must be that time of the month...

    Anyway, the puny 4% OC can be done in the Bios anyway by setting it to "Burn-In"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    You kids just post for the sake of posting so why don't you go and break another pin off that P4 of your's.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fincastle, IN, USA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    You kids just post for the sake of posting so why don't you go and break another pin off that P4 of your's.
    Riiight bud. :roll:

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •