Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclocking - GA-7N400 pro mboard help

Hey all. Briefly, I have:
    2600+ AMD Barton CPU, new one so is superlocked!
    Gigabyte GA-7N400 pro Nforce 2 board

Increasing the FSB to overclock, but I want to lock the AGP/PCI frequencies. My board CAN do it, as I can individually raise FSB, AGP, multi's, etc. BUT I need a program that displays my AGP freq. in windows, as BIOS says "yes, is 66 Mhz" but running Ezytune from Gigabyte, it just says 69Mhz for "linear". You can change this to "async" and "divider".
    My problem is: is there an independant program that shows your AGP/PCI freq., and can the Gigabyte board really LOCK these freq.s.
    Anyone have this board? locked the frequencies? :?:
    Cool, that's all! :D

I don't know if the software is misreporting it or not, but try CPU-Z.

I think the problem's sorted. cpuz still doesn't show your current agp frequency.

But anyway, now when I get the fsb to 185 or higher, I get blue screen now and then! At 180 it runs fine, but this sux! How can I get 200 fsb? I'll be happy with that! VCpu is still at 1.65 (stock), tried 1.675 and 1.7, but didn't help with stability. Stock hsf, temps are 44C idle, 48C load.
    Also what does VCore do? this is different to VCpu ye? as there are both in bios. I got 2x256mb Corsair XMSddr400 aswell.

If you have the AGP speed set at Auto then change it to 66MHz and that will lock both the AGP and PCI buses.

I've got agp set to 66mhz already, so must be locked then.
    But any help with raising the fsb? or is my cpu from a bad batch?? Nooo..!
    :cry:

What sort of cooling and temps are you running there?

Only got the stoko HSF at the mome. 44C idle, 48C under load.
    Got the Antec 1080View case with 5 fans. Got semi-fast fans so i aint def near my pc!! :D

But its weird, cause arent people gettin 200fsb ezy on the barton 2600 cpu? also when changin volts, i have two separate values : VCore (normal, +5%, +7.5%, +10%), and CPUVOLTAGE (1.65, 1.675, 1.70,..)
    which do u change for overclocking? or both? :confused:

The stock HSF could very well be holding you back so have a good look around for a copper one of good reputation.
    The XP2500+ is a good one to do the 200MHz FSB step but I can't say for the XP2600+ Barton (I've only XP2600+ T'breds here unlocked).

ok no worries. But I thought you could go fairly safely up to 55C before having to buy another HSF? Ye was gonna turf the stocko soon anyway!

Also might try putting my dual sticks of ram in non-dual channel mode - see if that will help OCing, even tho I haven't even got near 400mhz for the ram yet!!

Any word on the two volt variables in my bios though??

Thread Information