Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: OC'ing 2800+ barton and KT600 plus v1.0

Brand new to your site....very cool!

My new parts are on the way and I have a few questions.
    What kind of clock speeds can I realize with this set up?

Soyo KT600Plus v1.0
    AMD 2800+ Barton
    512k pc3200 PNY RAM
    Speeze Heat Sink and Fan

How high can I clock it without having to go to liquid cooling or other such radical ideas?

Hard to say as different board/CPU combinations perform very differently. You'll just have to do some trial and error and see where she goes. :)

Remember, however, that with the KT600 chipset, you'll be limited to FSB overclocking only (even on older stepping processors) unless you physically unlock the processor itself.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Also, that board doesn't have any voltage adjustments, so you're basically hoping for the best. If it's stable and you're not getting corruption, you should be alright.

PNY RAM is utter crap from my experience, so I don't see that helping your OCing adventures any.

I have the soyo kt600 utlra plat. it has volt. adjustments on it....maybe the plus and the ultra r diff in that way.

What's wrong with PNY? When I ordered from tigerdirect, this ram was HIS idea. Is it that bad?

From my experience, PNY RAM is some of the cheapest stuff quality-wise. Every time I've put it in, I've had to take it out because of instability. Once, it was with the slowest memory timings, and another time, that was the only thing I could run. Keep in mind this was at stock speeds as well.

Another thing, regardless, is that that 2800+ uses a 333MHz FSB, right in sync with the PC2700. This is a problem.

Unless Soyo's gone and done something to hide them, the Dragon Plus KT600 board doesn't have any voltage adjustments.

PNY RAM is hit and miss. Sometimes you'll get some decent RAM from them, sometimes you won't.

"Another thing, regardless, is that that 2800+ uses a 333MHz FSB, right in sync with the PC2700. This is a problem"

I don't understand this part. The ram I ordered is pc3200. Does this mean only pc2700 is compatible with my cpu?

If you were only to run your 2800+ at stock speeds then PC2700 is all you would need but PC3200 is fine, more so when you do overclock.

Thread Information