Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSI PT880 Help

Hi, I have MSI PT880, 1 GB of DDR 400, 80 GIG Maxtor HD, Geforce FX 5600 Ultra and Windows XP, Home and lastly a Pentium 4 2.8 Extreme Edition. When I try to overclock this sucker. I load it up, and after a while, I get a driver error with my video card. I believe something like nv... somethign i dunno. Or I get a an error with my sound. Everything Is updated ex. Video, Sound, MB Bios. I tried raising the voltages and it still does this. It has this automatic overclocking like private,cournal and stuff like that. I tried setting the bus speed manually, and tried the automatic overclocking option. When I turn it back to normal settings its perfectly fine. EVERYTHING, I MEAN EVERYTHING is updated. Please If you could shed some light on it will be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to know where you got a 2.8EE from
    from Intel's website
    Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with HT Technology Extreme Edition
    Power for the passionate gamer and advanced performance for advanced users, the Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with HT Technology† Extreme Edition delivers an incredible experience for those uses who need processing power for today's most advanced applications, available in speeds at 3.20 and 3.40 GHz.
    but that aside do you have the AGP/PCI buses locked plus how warm is it running?

I got It from Newegg.com. it has 1 meg of cache, 800 mhz bus and that new core. i forget what it is. My system is running pretty cool. 42 C Under medium load. I dont know what my southbridge temp is. I got 2 fans blowing at my mainboard. 1 in the back one in the front.

Well then you only have a 2.8E (not an EE) but the temp is fine (your southbridge temp shouldn't be a problem either). It still sounds like you havn't got the AGP/PCI buses locked (the VIA PT880 is said to provide the locking of those buses, I havn't use that chipset yet) though as that would cause those errors with the AGP/PCI buses running to far out of spec (AGP=66MHz/PCI=33MHz).

Yes, But How do I unlock them?

In your BIOS should be something referring to either the AGP or PCI frequencies (you need to lock them to AGP/66MHz and PCI/33MHz) which by default they're likely unlocked (sorry but as I already said I havn't used that chipset as I prefer to use mainboards based on Intel chipsets for P4's).

The only thing is to change the agp speed. Which i can do, but there is no pci control. If neone can help, PLease Do

I just d/l'd your manual so when you lock the AGP Frequency at 66.9MHz you will also lock the PCI (Frequency/Voltage Control).
    Also your memory may need to be set DDR333/6:5 (DRAM Clock) and/or increase the memory voltage (as you increase the FSB you increase your memory speed so you need to keep the memory speed in check for its rated speed).

I have ddr 400

and its setup on auto for the ddr voltage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information