Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AMD 2000+ OC

I have a amd 2000+ with the Gigabyte GA7VKMP M/B, 256MB PC3200 DDR Ram. and i using a mini-ATX casing, is that i still can OC my processor and what the limit of this AMD 2000+, and i using a original cooling fan.

That mainboard is not a very good overclocker due to its onboard video and limitations of the AGP/PCI buses but if you're lucky you may get the FSB up to around 145MHz (XP2200 speeds) with a good full copper HSF and a case with fairly good airflow so your retail HSF may not let your CPU go that far. You may also want to look at unlocking your CPU physically or looking into a "Speed Strip" if that mainboard can manipulate the multiplier (this may increase your overclock a bit more by raising the multiplier).

BTW that mainboard comes bundled with EasyTuneIII which can give you a software overclock first so that you have some idea of the settings to use in your BIOS.

thanks, is work. now im running it from 2000+ to 2200+, is more faster than last, but the temp is go to around 48'c-50'c, is it ok for my cpu? and i have open my case for not going to hot with my cpu.

That's ok but if it worries you to much or it gets warmer then a good aftermarket HSF will help get those temps lower.

Thread Information