Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I overclock a Dell

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajames
    figures, thanks for the goog information. do you think $2000 or possibly a little more would be enough to custom build a computer that would be able to handle any game that's out there today?
    That would build you a quite nice machine :D

2k...you can have a very nice rig. You can save money building your own box. YOU pick out your products and piece 'em together. The flip side of this, of course, is that you don't have a single company you can go to if there is a problem. If it's an easy fix, then you don't have to wait for them to fix it for you. But, it's more fun to custom tailor your own box to your specs. Computers aren't as tough to assemble as they used to be. You don't have to solder stuff together anymore---if you can use a screwdriver, you can put your own box together. Of course, READ THE F*CKING MANUAL before you do anything...that'll help to eliminate alota problems.

Here's something nice for ya as far as the actual box goes. All prices from Newegg.

Motherboard: Abit K8V Pro --------------------$109
    CPU: Athlon 64 3200+ -------------------------$282
    RAM: 1GB (2x512) Kingston Hyper X ----------$245
    Video: ATi Radeon X800 Pro 256MB -----------$460
    Hard Drives:
    Western Digital "Raptor"10KRPM 74GB SATA -$205
    Seagate 7200RPM 160GB SATA ----------------$120
    Optical drives:
    Plextor 12X Black DVD+RW/-RW Drive --------$191.99
    Samsung 16X black DVD-ROM -----------------$ 27.99
    Sound Card: M-Audio Revolution ---------------$ 99
    Case/PSU: Antec SX1040BII w 400W PSU -----$ 95

Total:----------------------------------------------$1,835.98

http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishLis...VIEW&ID=783153

NICE! would that be everything i need besides like a monitor and other stuff like that?
    also, did you just choose an amd processor or are they better than intel pentium4s?

Quote Originally Posted by joshuajames
    NICE! would that be everything i need besides like a monitor and other stuff like that?
    also, did you just choose an amd processor or are they better than intel pentium4s?
    Yes, and the AMD Athlon64 is the best CPU out right now, especially with the future potential it beholds.

Also, I'd get a Creative Labs Audigy 2 sound card instead of that M-Audio thing

would that system be able to handle the game far cry?
    also, how does that compare to most of you guyses systems? anything you would change or add on, keep in mind i don't have the budget to go much over 2 thousand.

if u dont want to build your own bad want high end gaming performance, then go to www.alienware.com or www.velocitymicro.com. Beware that they cost ALOT

lol, i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglee
    if u dont want to build your own bad want high end gaming performance, then go to www.alienware.com or www.velocitymicro.com. Beware that they cost ALOT
    dont get a prebuilt system because even an alienware wouldn't be as good as one you can build yourself and you can build a way better one for a lot cheaper and liek the other guys aid you will have much more options and such. And its not hard ata ll to build a PC. Tomshardware.com has a nice guide on building PCs that covers everything and its what i used when building my first PC.

cool, thanks. i think i saw the link to that in the system optimization guide.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information