Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Can I overclock a Dell

Yeah, I just punched in what would be good to buy right now.
    Personally, I'm not all that thrilled with RAID 0. After having a lovely pair of 60GXP's croak on me in a RAID 0 array, I could care less about the speed gains for the price of data loss.

cool

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan_Lander
    Yeah, I just punched in what would be good to buy right now.
    Personally, I'm not all that thrilled with RAID 0. After having a lovely pair of 60GXP's croak on me in a RAID 0 array, I could care less about the speed gains for the price of data loss.
    IBM Deathstars there. Raptors are very reliable drives.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    That's not a bad setup, but I suggest you wait until socket 939 processors and motherboards start showing up at Newegg. Won't be long. Just start a thread in What Should I Buy when they do show up.

Don't ever go with Alienware (or any company, for that matter). You would likely get better results even if you found some guy you didn't know and had him build it. About $2000 US would probably get you better than anything Alienware offers.
    I have to disagree. If you don't care how much it costs, then DO go ahead and buy an alienware. they're built for gamers, espicially that double vid card thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglee
    I have to disagree. If you don't care how much it costs, then DO go ahead and buy an alienware. they're built for gamers, espicially that double vid card thing.
    Wow, thats about dumb. Alienware is the biggest freakin' rip off there ever was. Also, a home built PC will always outperform an OEM system. That double video card thing is just a prototype/thing in the making. You won't be seeing it in systems for a good while still.

You can build a largely better system for the price you pay for an Alienware

The dual PCIe thing isn't available yet, and we don't know how well it really works. The motherboard is a dual Xeon board from Iwill. Now, would you explain why you'd buy an SMP machine for gaming? The only time I'd say buy a system is if it's a laptop...since it's kinda hard to roll your own there.

ya, but i do care how much it costs. also, alienware as others said is quite a rip-off.

Thats what I said. If you dont care how much it costs then get an alienware or perhaps a velocity micro (cheaper but from reviews still seems to be good).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information