Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Can I overclock a Dell

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglee
    Thats what I said. If you dont care how much it costs then get an alienware.
    WHY? You can get so much better PERFORMANCE out of a homebuilt PC than you can an Alienware. Even if you don't give a f*ck how much it costs, build your own,

even if i didn't care what it costed i could still build a computer far superior than anything alienware or voodoo or velocity micro. i think you need to take the bow on this one son.

You can build a comp for basically free too, and runs just as good as dells XD
    Just ask your frends for parts they dont want anymore =P

Yeh but your going to get a **** pc if you just stinge of your friends. AMd man 2003 what i was saying about the raid was that they HAVE to be the same RPM because the original setup had a 7200 and a 10000RPM. I was just suggesting that he gets two 7200s or 10000. I have to SATA WD 200g hard drives running on RAID and i havent had any problems. It's fairly quick. But one thing i dont understand about it is that the computer is reading the Harddrives as SCSI Drives. WTF? Can anyone help me out there? I know SCSI are better but these are SATA drives and they are being read as SCSI? Did i get lucky and score SCSI drives at the SATA price or i my computer just F*cking me round?

Quote Originally Posted by Amdking
    But one thing i dont understand about it is that the computer is reading the Harddrives as SCSI Drives. WTF? Can anyone help me out there? I know SCSI are better but these are SATA drives and they are being read as SCSI? Did i get lucky and score SCSI drives at the SATA price or i my computer just F*cking me round?
    I'm not positive, but I think that's common. SCSI is a totally different interface and all so you definately didn't just get SCSI drives. I just think Windows does that for some reason. And anyway, if it works, whats it matter? :p

It reads them as SCSI drives because XP was made long before SATA came. So when it askes to press some key for SCSI and RAID drives during an installation, for example, you would need to press that key if you have SATA. XP only calls them SCSI because it wasn't designed with SATA in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    It reads them as SCSI drives because XP was made long before SATA came. So when it askes to press some key for SCSI and RAID drives during an installation, for example, you would need to press that key if you have SATA. XP only calls them SCSI because it wasn't designed with SATA in mind.
    That's what I thought, although I remember reading some time ago about SATA support in SP2

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    That's what I thought, although I remember reading some time ago about SATA support in SP2
    Ok this is a popular misconception.
    Windows XP does support SATA and anyone who has an i865 or 1875 chipset will tell you. Early implimentation of SATA involves a SATA controller chip onboard (this is not native to the south bridge as the controller is on the i865/875 or latest nForce chipsets) and thus acts just like any other PCI expansion card which is why SATA must be setup that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    Ok this is a popular misconception.
    Windows XP does support SATA and anyone who has an i865 or 1875 chipset will tell you. Early implimentation of SATA involves a SATA controller chip onboard (this is not native to the south bridge as the controller is on the i865/875 or latest nForce chipsets) and thus acts just like any other PCI expansion card which is why SATA must be setup that way.
    Yeah, considering I have an i875 board I did know that :P . But, I since Amdking probably does not have an Intel made mobo, (judging by his name) I didn't go into that. :cheers: m8

why do you have an intel board, your name kind of led me to believe you were an all out amd man.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information