Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I overclock a Dell

I hope I'm not asking a stupid question as I cant find the answer anywhere. I have a Dell 8300 3.0 Ghz P4. How do I find out what mother board it is and can it be overclocked?

Thanks.

HG.

you can try to go inside your BIOS, see while the FSB can change or not. If your DELL is under warantty, better u don't change any setting of those computer. want to play OC is better buy a clone system, it u can change any setting, any part and anyway u like.

I have searched and found the answer.

Apologies.

This must be one of the most common questions asked here.

Thats because many people buy dells and then they are not satisfied with their performance because they suck

i have a dell to, it's ok. if you say dells suck, which in most ways they do, what should i do about buying a computer. should i be daring and try to build my own, or is the somewhere i can get a computer that is suitable for my needs.

needs= lots and lots of high performance gaming

Build your own. Most people learn how by just doing it. No special training or something stupid like that.

ya, but if i were to build my own computer (thinking about it) wouldn't i just be doing the same thing dell does. wouldn't dell and myself be using the same parts, so what is the difference?

No. Dell will use bad RAM, bad motherboards, bad power supply units, bad cooling (if you want to overclock anything), sometimes even bad video cards (unless you pay extra for a seperate AGP card). On top of that, Dell includes your Windows installation with a bunch of useless ****. You can't overclock or anything remotely similar.

Oh, there's also the part where you can get a much better computer for less money than a Dell costs.

Plus you can customize a computer you build a lot more.

figures, thanks for the goog information. do you think $2000 or possibly a little more would be enough to custom build a computer that would be able to handle any game that's out there today?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information