Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AMD Athlon XP1800 How much can I overclock and how?

Alright guys. Yes I admit it I am a newb when it comes to this crap but I know a thing or two and have good programs to monitor it etc. I want to know how much I can overclock my AMD Athlon XP1800 and how I do it. I talked to this one kid who didn't know a thing and he told me to up my multiplier 1.5 simply went into the bios and did it, then I rebooted and it wouldnt boot or anything... I had to wait about 1/2 hour then It booted but wouldnt go past the XP loading screen, I then went back into the bios and changed it back to the default which is 11.5, I'm currently running at 1533mhz with a lot of ram, If anyone can help me plz respond on my topic or email me at sekul18@aol.com or can IM me at SeKul18 I also have MSN Messenger - SeKul18@hotmail.com

-Thanks Guys,
    -Luke

If possible my vid card too. Its a GeForce 64mb. I am getting new one though prolly if possible though I'll overclock til I get the new ATI. Btw my motherboard if it helps for overclokcing the CPU is a Albatron KX800 8x Thanks again.

Well for starters it would be handy to know what core that Athlon XP has as Palamino and Thoroughbred A cores arn't that good overclockers (about 1900MHz would be around the max) but Thoroughbred B's are very good and can reach around 2.1-2.5GHz. Also knowing what mainboard you have and what speed memory would also help.

Ok I have a Albatron KX800 8x and the memory speed is pc2100 which is 266mhz if I remember? Also It is a throroughbread core for certain. I hope this helps. Thanks

I can't find that model but are you sure that you didn't mean the KX400-8X?

Thread Information