Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P4 2.4A ----> ????

Default P4 2.4A ----> ????

I have new change my cpu to P4 2.4A. My motherboard is Asus P4P800 and ram is corsair DDR-400. is anyone can tell me what is the limit of a P4 2.4A? what FSB and Vcore should i set to get it stable? Thanks a lot of all command.

There really is no set idea of how fast your CPU will go on OC, it's more of a trial and error. Generally, the idea to get your max OC is to increase the FSB by 2-4mhz a time, stress test it, and go on. Of course, you also have to have cooling and temps that are suitable for this. For your CPU, if your temps right now aren't in the low 40C's under 100% load, you need to get some better cooling before overclocking.

thanks amd_man. i have try to set it to 3.2GHz (178*18) and Vcore is 1.55, but temp is going on to 52'c, is that good for my cpu? i have run all of test of 3Dmark03, score is 2018. my display card is Geforce FX 5700 LE.

my power supply burn out olady...!!!! happen suddenly, lucky all my componen is still ok.

Thread Information