Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "System Failure due to CPU overcloking"

Default Re: "System Failure due to CPU overcloking"

Hi, i have the same pbm with an A7N8X-E. I used an A7N8X before with 1 go ddr 333 ram, Barton 3000+, gef6800 GT, but wanted to upgrade to the A7N8X-E, as it supported SATA HDD. Unfortunately while my old configuration was very stable, the new one is driving me mad : could at least complete the self-test and get rid of that *****ing betty message "CPU overclocking failure" by simply clearing C-MOS and adding only one module of 256 ram at the beginning. Then as everything looked stable i added a nice Raptor sata HDD and the other modules. But after one hour, as everything looked stable and fine (was only playing winamp) eveything shut down. Since then, it goes on rebooting every time after completing the self-test. I cant start win XP and *****ing betty can only say : cpu error and completed test success. So i guess i might get a new PSU, more powerful. I have a 320-350 powerflower that is not lame but its not Enermax quality. Should i buy a new PSU ? and if yes, a 400 ? 500 ?
    thank for your answers.

I forgot to add that my ddr-ram is certified and registred (infiniteon) coz my old motherboard was already picky withe the ram ... but its still 333mhz not 400.

registered memory = no go, its only for server systems

Quote Originally Posted by sr4470
    registered memory = no go, its only for server systems
    or anyone that values data integrity over performace
    #

i was wrong with my ddr-ram. Checked the box its not registered. Its only certified and 10 years blahblah ... But it was compatible with my old A7N NForce 2 version , so it would work for the NForce 2 ultra version of the board, no ?
    Tomorrow i will start from new resetting everything, checking any ground problems ... if this doesnt works i will try with a more powerful psu. Thanks for your answers ...

I wanted to add the tech guy i had at the phone when i asked if this ddr-ram might be responsible answered me it was the one he recommended with the asus board cos it made no timings errors. I knew about the fact the Asus was picky. He told me he never had pbms with the asus motherboards using that kind of ddr-ram ... but now i dont know what to believe. Think i try the new PSU before byuing new ram ...

Hint : i just went to the asus website and they releasead a bios 1013 supposed to deal with the "CPU overclocking" warning and some ddr 400 ram. I still use the 1012 revised ... God, i dont feel comfortable with the idea of flashing the bios ...

Quote Originally Posted by Banshees
    God, i dont feel comfortable with the idea of flashing the bios ...
    there is nothing difficult about it, just make sure you don't do it if there's a good chance of the power going off

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information