Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "System Failure due to CPU overcloking"

Default "System Failure due to CPU overcloking"

Hello,

I am seeking help or solution to my serious problem.
    System Specs: Motherboard: ASUS SKV8 with athlon 64 fx-51 2400mhz complete combo kit
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800 pro 256mg
    System Mem: 184 pin DDR registered 2700PC 1GB

Recently I purchased an ASUS motherboard with athlon 64 for 940 socket that came as a complete combo kit with the motherboard.

After a succesfull installation all directions fullfiled on the bootup the following error message is started in Voice error message:
    "SYSTEM FAILURE DUE TO CPU OVERCLOCKING" even though I have never changed the setting in BIOS CPU brand newly installed.
    Motherboard manual suggested to turn down the setting on CPU in BIOS ............. BUT
    No way to get into BIOS either because Monitor is blank all the way through the boot process. Orange light all the time not switcing to green. I have tried 4 different Cards and Accelerators with various voltage settings... nothing changed. I do not know if video card problem is persisting here or not because I am not aware if "System Failure due to Overclocking" can sieze the operation of other devices.

I am in big need of some kind of direction or solution to my problem, if you are able to help,
    Please get back to me.

Thank you

Sincerely,

Serge Isaenko.

Yes clear the CMOS (the mainboard manual should state this proceedure) but I've never came across an FX-51 rated at 2.4GHz as all the ones that I have have been 2.2GHz (the FX-53 is 2.4GHz).

Default yes

I've tried clearing CMOS it still states the same voice msg error. Any other ideas? Also it states in the manual to use 1.5volt Video accelerator 3.3volt will fail to work with Asus SK8V motherboard.

I have Radeon 9800 pro 256mg and after checking all manuals can not figure out if it's 1.5 or 3.3 still have no video... I may be able to get to bios... but without ON Board VGA on this motherboard, impossible to get visual.
    Maybe I'll find an old PCI card and try.

Even in manual it states in the bios screenshot:

Processor:
    Type: AMD athlon(tm) 64 fx-51 Processor
    Speed: 2400 MHZ

maybe thats why it's overclocked... I havnt seen 2400 on fx-51 myself either. Therefore first time having this problem perhaps.

Thank you..

get back to me if any other ideas.

Default ..

I may be crazy but just to ask... should I try to power up the maching with the Jumper on pins 2-3 for clear CMOS ..

Quote Originally Posted by serge364
    I may be crazy but just to ask... should I try to power up the maching with the Jumper on pins 2-3 for clear CMOS ..
    No. Set it there for like 10 seconds, preferrably with the power cord on the power supply removed, and then move it back. Power on the machine.

just wondering, and I haven;t fully read the first text yet but is there a chance that the CPU and obo combo you bought is.......how do I say this more professionally.. broken? a DOA?
    -Case - Aspire X-Dreamer (Silver)
    -Processor - P4 2.8C OC 3.26GHz
    -Motherboard - Chaintech S865PE Socket 478 Intel® Pentium 4 800MHz FSB Intel 865PE + ICH5
    -RAMs - pqi TURBO (2 x 1GB) DDR400 Dual Channel 2.5-3-2-5
    -Graphic Card - HIS ATI 512MB X1650 Pro
    -Hard Drive - Western Digital 7200rpm 8mb cache (250gb)
    -CD Drive - NEC DVD-RW ND-2510A

Default Nope

Quote Originally Posted by jd53887
    just wondering, and I haven;t fully read the first text yet but is there a chance that the CPU and obo combo you bought is.......how do I say this more professionally.. broken? a DOA?
    Everything is in Order: the Pretest that was performed by the manufacturer before mailing was succesfull on all parts in the combo.
    And assembly was striktly due to the directions.

Also After Clearing CMOS in various ways no effect has taken.. same voice error message: "SYSTEM FAILED DUE TO CPU OVERCLOCKING"

Any of you think I should try getting new CMOS battery and trying replacing?
    because Clearing CMOS seems like the solution to the problem... and well nothing happens.

Are you sure the ram is registered? Because socket 940 requires it. And as wayout44 said the stock speed of a FX-51 is 2200Mhz not 2400Mhz. Thats why im asking you about the ram. Since that part is wrong

Default yea

Quote Originally Posted by KoolDrew
    Are you sure the ram is registered? Because socket 940 requires it. And as wayout44 said the stock speed of a FX-51 is 2200Mhz not 2400Mhz. Thats why im asking you about the ram. Since that part is wrong
    You must be right, because the Ram that I got installed:

UNREGISTERED : GENERIC PC2700 1GB 128X64MODULE 128X4 chip 184pin DRAM DIMM

I had some people suggesting that PC2700 wont work on a 3200 400DDR requirements.

So you think that is majorly the problem?

thnx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information