Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: good overclock?

Default good overclock?

my specs.

P4 3.0ghz OC P43.6GHz with my MSI 648F Neo series.(256ram pc3200)
    i think this is a great overclock considering my mobo.
    could n e 1 tell me if i can dual channel on my mobo aswell because im going to buy ram very soonish as i only have a 256MB at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by louinike
    my specs.

P4 3.0ghz OC P43.6GHz with my MSI 648F Neo series.(256ram pc3200)
    i think this is a great overclock considering my mobo.
    could n e 1 tell me if i can dual channel on my mobo aswell because im going to buy ram very soonish as i only have a 256MB at the moment
    How many times must you be told that the SiS648 chipset that your mainboard has can not support dual channel memory.

Default ok....

cheers , keep your hair on!
    but i have heard different, some1 told me that i can dual channel if my mobo supports ddr? wot is he on shall i tell him to shut the hell up?

Well I can tell you that he knows no more than you do as any number of sites will tell you that its impossible (you do know how to use www.google.com don't you? as it seems that you can't use the edit button).

but i have heard different, some1 told me that i can dual channel if my mobo supports ddr? wot is he on shall i tell him to shut the hell up?
    DDR=Double Data Rate. Do you see Dual-Channel in there anywhere? No. It's a big feature that pretty much every mobo company will have displayed on the box. DDR does not mean that the motherboard supports dual-channel memory. If the chipset doesn't support it, you can't have dual-channel. I don't know the person who told you this, but it is incorrect. What he's saying would be like if you went around saying a 2-seat car sat 4 people, because some cars can seat 4 (or more) people.

Perhaps your the one who is on something.

You really need to learn to look things up yourself, I for one have told you your mobo doesn't have Dual Channel, and you could've figured it out for yourself instead of me wasting my time looking it up on the MSI website.

Thread Information