Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Watercooling-Peltier

Default Watercooling-Peltier

I plan to purchase a new rig in a couple of months time. I have saved enough to go for watercooling this time around. I want to know if peltier is good to use with water-cooling for example TT subzero 4g, does it significantly enhance performance or is it just waste of my valuable €uros. Are there any other alternatives to tt subzero 4g.
    btw I plan to go with p4 and swiftech MCW 6002-P cpu block.
    Also is a p4 better to use than an athlon64 s.754 for oc.
    thanx in advance.
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

First off, stay far away from the Thermaltake Subzero series if you have plans of overclocking. The Swiftech units are far better since they use a 226w peltier. The TT units are only rated at 73 watts. I stressed that TT unit out on a T-Bred AthlonXP processor!

As to the Athlon -vs- Intel question, I'll not respond since it really comes down to personal preference. One word, though, if you plan on going AMD then look at the newer s939 processors as the s754 models are already dying with no future upgrades in sight. The s462 will likely outlast the s754 chips.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    One word, though, if you plan on going AMD then look at the newer s939 processors as the s754 models are already dying with no future upgrades in sight. The s462 will likely outlast the s754 chips.
    Well yes you will have a powerful upgrade path with the s939 platform but the s754 will also be around for quite some time to come as it will be the "value line" replacement (read Duron/Athlon XP) and AMD will be phasing out the s462 line as orders will close at the end of this month for Athlon XP's below the 2800+ (the XP2800+ and higher production may end by around the close of the year with only stockpiles left to carry on till gone).

Default Re: Watercooling-Peltier

Is the s754 series similar to the Intel Celeron (sort of a budget chip that is really junky)?
    -Michael Stanley

System: Intel Pentium4 3.0E; ASUS P4P800SE; 1Gb DDR-400(dual-channel) PC3200; ATi Radeon X800Pro 256mb; SBAudigy2 ZS; Dual Maxtor 60Gb on SATA Raid 0; 12Gb download HDD; CD-RW (56x32x56x); DVD-R; Thermaltake XaserIII case; Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 5.1 Dolby Digital Speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck.exe
    Is the s754 series similar to the Intel Celeron (sort of a budget chip that is really junky)?
    Close enough but you may want to have a look at the newer 533QDR Celerons as they arn't the "junk" that the earlier 400QDR versions are.

Think of it more as a comparison to Socket 423. It's a temporary, not long-term solution.

Actually, S754 is going to be a budget line and should stick around for quite a long time, contrary to popular belief.

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Actually, S754 is going to be a budget line and should stick around for quite a long time, contrary to popular belief.
    Didn't I already say that?

t,
    Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    Didn't I already say that?
    I'm really getting tired of your snobby attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    t,
    I'm really getting tired of your snobby attitude.
    Sorry sonny but I think you're lookin' the wrong way.

Thread Information