Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: overclock p4




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: overclock p4

    i changed my cpu freq to 100mhz, and dram to 200mhz,if i look in system still shows 1.7 mhz, just wondering how i can tell how much i overclocked it by doing that.sorry if i sound like a idiot this is all new to me:)


    Eqfan

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fincastle, IN, USA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: overclock p4

    Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    By buying a 2.4A Prescott is how he did it.

    However a 2.4A Prescott will not work in eqfan's mainboard.
    Well sorry for not being perfect, I'm used to the Prescotts being referred to as "E's"

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,525

    Default Re: overclock p4

    A Prescott "E" is a 800MHz FSB unit while an "A" is a 533MHz FSB unit but I thought that 99% of ppl knew that and the other 1% would think of a Northwood 400MHz FSB unit.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fincastle, IN, USA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: overclock p4

    Geez, I made a mistake, get off of it.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,525

    Default Re: overclock p4

    Gee what are you so touchy about?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Placerville, CA
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: overclock p4

    Also the "E" version has a 1mb L2 and the A,C versions have the 512kb. Just to discontinue further confusions. :)
    -Michael Stanley

    System: Intel Pentium4 3.0E; ASUS P4P800SE; 1Gb DDR-400(dual-channel) PC3200; ATi Radeon X800Pro 256mb; SBAudigy2 ZS; Dual Maxtor 60Gb on SATA Raid 0; 12Gb download HDD; CD-RW (56x32x56x); DVD-R; Thermaltake XaserIII case; Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 5.1 Dolby Digital Speakers.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,525

    Default Re: overclock p4

    Quote Originally Posted by eqfan
    i changed my cpu freq to 100mhz, and dram to 200mhz,if i look in system still shows 1.7 mhz, just wondering how i can tell how much i overclocked it by doing that.sorry if i sound like a idiot this is all new to me:)
    Atually 100MHz is the stock CPU frequency so you'll need to go higher (do it in 5MHz steps if you can).
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck.exe
    Also the "E" version has a 1mb L2 and the A,C versions have the 512kb. Just to discontinue further confusions.
    All P4 Northwoods have a 512KB L2 cache but all P4 Prescotts have 1MB of L2 (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...116-178&depa=1).
    Last edited by wayout44; 07-14-2004 at 03:45 PM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Placerville, CA
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: overclock p4

    Maybe i was the one confused! lol! At least we now all have it all cleared out. I thought only the "E" had the 1mb L2, but i guess i was only partially right. =]
    -Michael Stanley

    System: Intel Pentium4 3.0E; ASUS P4P800SE; 1Gb DDR-400(dual-channel) PC3200; ATi Radeon X800Pro 256mb; SBAudigy2 ZS; Dual Maxtor 60Gb on SATA Raid 0; 12Gb download HDD; CD-RW (56x32x56x); DVD-R; Thermaltake XaserIII case; Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 5.1 Dolby Digital Speakers.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: overclock p4

    hi again everyone thank you for all your input iam overclocked, you all rock:)



    eqfan

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Placitas, New Mexico
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: overclock p4

    But I believe that the "C" Northwoods are much better than the "E" Prescotts, from the tests comparing them.
    Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHZ 533FSB
    1024MB PC-3200 DDR-SDRAM
    Sapphire Radeon 9800PRO 128MB
    Foxconn 865-PE6LS Motherboard
    Western Digital WD400BB 40GB, Western Digital WD600BB 60GB Hard Drives
    POWTEC Demon 480W PSU
    Dell UltraSharp 18001FP 18" LCD Monitor
    Windows XP Professional SP2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •