Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclocking Amd And geforce 4 whats better setup ?

Default Overclocking Amd And geforce 4 whats better setup ?

:) Hi I'm trying to set up a computer for overclocking i've had experience b4 but would like some opinions or possible advice . the video cards i have are very disproportionate in their performance but the cpu's are very similar . the duron based system overclocked to 1900ghz @158mz fsb the athlon pooppedout way before then @1800ghz . the duron based system will oc higher but some other componet gave up i'm thinking it was the gfmx4000. the question i pose to you is , is switching video cards worth the loss of what ever extra features or power the xp2000 based system have worth the oc of the duron ? if so what are the actual benifits ?
    Basic spec's .System 1 :Athlon xp2000+ ,Asus A7v333 m/b , Gf4 ti4200 , Soundblaster audigy2 , 256mb Kingston valuram ddr333 . System 2: Duron 1.6ghz ,Msi kt333 Ultra 2 , 256 mb kingston valuram ddr333 , Gf4 mx4000 , Hercules gs fortissomo 2 digital ED.

Default Re: Overclocking Amd And geforce 4 whats better setup ?

Well, the Athlon has more cache than the Duron, and that can play a role in the duron's overclocking. Also, the newer Durons (1.4-1.8GHz) are based on a newer core. If your XP2000+ is old enough like mine, it's got a Palimino core, and runs pretty hot.

But as far as video cards go, what you've got now is an overglorified GeForce 2 MX. While the Duron is a value chip, it's still pretty good. The bottleneck is that GF4 MX4000. Unlike the GF4 Ti's, it doesn't have DirectX 8 hardware, and only has DX7 capabilities natively, which was the staple of the GF2 cards. If you're not gaming, that card is fine, but if you want to play anything decently, a new card will help more than a faster CPU.

Default Re: Overclocking Amd And geforce 4 whats better setup ?

well what I wanted to do was have one of the comps for making music and the playing games and the other for surfing the web and and varios other activities like that maybe to do lan wars with my roomate . wiould the gf4ti4200 do better with the overclocked duron ? becuease i would really like to staighten out my setup soon cos i cant do music atm .
    Basic spec's .System 1 :Athlon xp2000+ ,Asus A7v333 m/b , Gf4 ti4200 , Soundblaster audigy2 , 256mb Kingston valuram ddr333 . System 2: Duron 1.6ghz ,Msi kt333 Ultra 2 , 256 mb kingston valuram ddr333 , Gf4 mx4000 , Hercules gs fortissomo 2 digital ED.

Thread Information