Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.2 Duron on a K7SEM mobo

Default 1.2 Duron on a K7SEM mobo

I was wondering what the easiest way to overclock my 1.2ghz duron would be. I looked in the bios and there was no info there so i tried a program and it couldn't do it. I read another post about how it is a ECS board so i would be hard to overclock. I am not looking for a large overclock i am think upto 2.0ghz at the max if that is possible and if not then lower is fine. I have a 128 SDRAM and a 512 SDRAM stick in there running at 133 i believe.

Default Re: 1.2 Duron on a K7SEM mobo

2Ghz is in your dreams. you'll be lucky to get 1.5Ghz. ECS motherboards just plain suck for overclocking. Than your using SDRAM, which is just as bad because if its already running at a 133mhz FSB you have no more room to overclock. What FSB is ya CPU? If its a 100mhz FSB, you need to slow your RAM back down to PC100 speeds and than up the FSB by afew mhz at a time, although you wont get all that far because the PCI bus will get to out of whack for anything to operate properly.

I found out the ram is running at 100mhz and the cpu is at 100mhz

Alright, than just try putting it all the way up to 133mhz for both and give the CPU a little bit more voltage if your motherboard allows it. Also, what kind of load temps do you get at stock speeds?

48C the problem is my bios doesn't allow me to change anythign so how can i bump up to 133mhz. All the guides i have foudn use the bios.

The guides say to use the BIOS because that is where you'll need to make the adjustments. There are a few programs that allow FSB to be changed from a software angle, but these are very chipset dependant and are generally just for Intel processors. I'm not familiar with any that are made to work on an AMD platform, but you can check that route. One of the most popular is called SoftFSB. But to be honest, I would doubt you will have much success given your current setup.

Oh, that small 2.0GHz speed you were talking about equates to a 67% overclock... that is huge.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

There is a way to hardwire that CPU for different multipliers, FSB and voltages but be warned that you could easily damage your CPU so read this guide very carefully first and then go to this interactive guide for what bridge combinations you will need.

Alright thank you for your help if i get this to over clock hopefully i will be back to try and over clock my Dell Inspiron 5100 2.66 Pent 4 and for some reason when i got to properties on My computer it says this is running at 983mhz

Quote Originally Posted by davidh86
    ... to try and over clock my Dell Inspiron 5100 2.66 Pent 4 and for some reason when i got to properties on My computer it says this is running at 983mhz
    If you mean the Dell runs at 983MHz and not the Duron then that's because the 5100 throttles itself to conserve battery life as well as keep the heat down and will only run up to full speed when the job demands the extra power to get it done.

That i did not know that hmm learn someing everyday. Is there a way to make it not do this.

Back to the Duron what is a goot vcore to use if i am going to try and get 1.5 ghz
    Last edited by davidh86; 07-24-2004 at 04:45 PM. Reason: wording

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information