Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Can someone spare some advice?

Exclamation Can someone spare some advice?

Can anyone help me get the most from my laptop? What I mean is, overclocking, overclocking software, memory tweaker or just about anything. *A nice cache tuner would be nice.* No BS software like a system mechanic that will remove unwanted files and clean the registry. I can do that on my own. I have detailed specs of my computer. My mobo would be a Hewlett-Packard 0024 PQ1A84 with a 133MHz bus clock; my processor is an AMD Athlon XP 2200+ 1.8GHz; The chipset would be ATI U1/ALI 1535+; A Phoenix BIOS, Phoenix Technologies Ltd. KAM1.58 03/17/2004; and 512MB memory all on an HP Pavillion ze4365us with a system model of (DC976A) KAM1.58. Thanks for your time!!!

Default Re: Can someone spare some advice?

Overclocking will almost certainly be out of the question from the very beginning. First off because it is an HP "off the shelf" type system, and secondly (and more importantly) because it is a laptop and heat is a crucial issue. Cooling is sparse on laptop systems so adding more heat to the mix is a bad beginning.

Memory optimizers are pretty moot if you're running WinXP as the OS, but there are some good Windows tweaking guides available that should be of help. We even have a couple of them right here at TweakTown.

Good luck.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information