Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Looking for overclocking help

Default Looking for overclocking help

Well, let me say right off the bat, I've never done this before so please forgive my stupidity.

3.2GHz E, 1GB PC3200 ram, foxconn MB. I've checked around the forums a bit already but the things other people have said havent helped me (I dont have a FSB multiplyer in the advanced chipset section or cpu host/sdram/pci section in the freq/volt section)

Anyway, I'm not looking for any specific amount to OC, just want to see if I can do it and all that (right now my comp runs at 22C temp, not sure how good/bad that is)

Default Re: Looking for overclocking help

Your temperature is not an issue, but your motherboard is if it doesn't allow for changes to be made to core voltages and the FSB. You can try using a software utility (like SoftFSB or the like) but they depend on motherboard support so you may or may not have any real luck. Also, the software methods of overclocking are generally not nearly as effective as making direct changes to the CMOS. If you decide to scrap the mainboard and get something more friendly to the enthusiast, give a shout and you'll have a LOT of help in getting the most out of it as you can.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

well, i just bought this comp thursday, so i dont plan on buying anything or throwing anything away on it anytime soon. but thanks for the help regardless, i'll try what you said just for kicks

Good luck. I haven't kept up with the overclocking utilities, but some have had luck with them.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

i tried softfsb but it didnt find my motherboard... foxconn
    the motherboard has this stepup utility thing, but i've tried switchin stuff in it and anytime i do it says it worked and shows new speeds but when i restart it goes back to default (and before i restart, it doesnt seem to actually be going any faster)

Thread Information