Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How To

Default Re: How To

Search for Motherboard Monitor or Speedfan. Asus does have their own temp monitoring program for their own boards, but it's overly sensitive (at least IMO), and I don't use it.

Neither MBM or Speedfan lists that mainboard on their compatible listings plus MBM has finished development so ASUS Probe maybe the only way to do it. If ASUS Probe came on the mainboard CD then it must have sensors but go to ASUS's website and download the latest version (their website has been down for me the last few days though). ASUS Probe is a lot better these days compared to what it was a few years back.

If the board has thermal probes, then MBM should be able to pick then up. I find if hard to believe that a company like Asus would cut their own foot off by placing probes on their boards that only work with their own utility. Have you tried using the MBM utility or just looked at the compatibility lists?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Actually I have (a couple of PC's here run it) and with some mainboards you just cannot get it to work properly without causing some sort of problem/s (all these mainboards have been ones that had no listing either).

No sir as much as i hate to say it im still a lil illiterate when it comes to this phase of the Comp,Im learning as i go with the great help and info from you guys here.This MBM utility yer talkin about is it in the Bios or on the disc or a web site ?? will look at what you all tell me i need to do to learn im realy fascinated about this part of Comp so im listening LOL tks agin for all the gr8 help guys yall are tops in my book God Bless!! LZepp!!

Its a software that monitors temps, voltages, etc, while in Windows so you don't have to go back into the BIOS to get a reading. Pop in the CD that came with your mainboard and see if has ASUS Probe on it then install it (an updated version maybe available from ASUS's website but I can't access it to be sure).
    Or you could download the other two but you'll have to work out the sensors for yourself as to which one is which.

ok i got it it was on MBoard disc i run it wit no load and im gitting no MBoard Temp reading
    power fan
    below threshold

chasis fan below threshold

+12v which shows its at 15.503 +12v out of threshold
    in BIOS it says the 12volt is at 11.977

dont sound good LOL can you tell me what this means an maybe how to fix im thinkin its just the default settings are low or visa versa because of the clocking allready performed tks for stickin wit me here God Bless LZepp!!!
    P/S heres another question i havent had this new system but 1 1/2 years and never updated BIOS do i need to or do they need updating liek drivers??
    Last edited by LZepp; 08-02-2004 at 08:41 AM.

It could be that a BIOS upgrade exists to fix that (works fine on the 3 ASUS mainboards that I have).

Have a go MBM but if you start to get "beeping" then this page will be of help (I have a Gigabyte one that simply refuses to co-operate with MBM).
    Last edited by wayout44; 08-02-2004 at 09:14 AM.

here is a crazy thought i didnt build the system by myself and was wandering if by chance the fans were not hooked in the right power supply places? dont understand why the BIOS say or shows no MBoard temp just a thought gonna start doin some reading an all bfore i touch anything but your help is greatly apreciated.I know its kinda difficult to help if you cant see whats goin on but you guys seem to realy know what yer doin an i hope to be better at these carzy things soon LOL tks agin an God Bless LZepp!!!

Well, sometimes fans don't run off the motherboard's fan headers and running off the power supply.. Some companies, like Dell, don't use a fan on the CPU heatsink and just have a huge hs and one big fan in the system. If it's either of these cases, then MBM won't see it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information