Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How To

Default How To

i have a ASUS P4P8X MBoard i went to Bios set up to up my Processor and i noticed it says Processor locked can you tell me how to unlock it ?? By the way i have a P4 2.4G processor can you tell me how much i can OC? Tks LZepp

Default Re: How To

You can't unlock the multipliers.

ok ty so all i can do is use the option to up by the percentage they allow?? such as 5% 10% etc???

If you are talking about the A1 Overclocker in BIOS then that is one way though you should be able to set that to manual and change the FSB, voltages, etc, yourself.

Oh ok i see that now Manual unlocks those options thnks do you have any suggestions as to how much or high i can go without damage i have stock fan on cpu and a 4" on side case blowing on it plus frnt /rear an side exhaust

I did manage to git 2.52Ghz by setting cpu AI to 5%

ok i see it all the cpu external volyage is at 100 which i cant change
    DRam Frequency
    AGP/PCI Frequency
    CPU Voltage
    DDR Refrence Voltage
    AGP VDDQ voltage
    dont know what they are Yet LOL but could u give me an idea as to what they do an what i can set at to get a decent running system for gaming without to much heat and all?? Thanks for help im new to this and am trying to learn
    tks LZepp

Its a shame that you got a non-800MHz FSB CPU as I believe that a lot of settings that I can make use of you can't.
    What does DRAM Frequency show for you as this is one stting that will be different for you?
    The AGP/PCI Frequency you set to 66.66/33.33.
    CPU Voltage stay below 1.7v.
    DDR Refrence Voltage can be set up to 2.85v.
    AGP VDDQ voltage can be left as is.
    Also with your CPU being a non-hyperthreading one don't expect to get the benchmark results that hyperthreaded ones get.

ok gr8 yea ive been doin a lil reading an Hyper thread seems to be the trick
    My Mboard is 533/400 fsb so i see that as so so LOL tks for your help friend nice to see folks still around to help people learn i checked my temps after 1 1/2 hrs of gaming and are as follows CPU temp is 32c/91f MB temp is 30c/86f is this ok? i have cpu clocked at 10% which gives me 2.65GHz from 2.40
    tks again friend LZepp
    CPU External frequ..is 100
    DRam Frequ..auto
    AGP/PCI frequ...auto
    CPU Volts..auto
    DDR Ref Volts...auto
    AGP VDDQ volts...1.50
    Last edited by LZepp; 08-01-2004 at 12:18 PM.

Temps below 50C will be fine but make sure that you also check the CPU under full load as well.
    The P4B 3.06GHz is the only CPU that I know of that is hyperthreading enabled that will fit your mainboard.

ok gr8 im good so far how would i check CPU under load?? only way ive been able to check is be rebooting to git into Bios.Thanks again for your help and info friend have looked at several places for help an finally found you all

God Bless LZepp!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information