Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Last few Questions

Default Last few Questions

What should I change my Timing for my RAMs to? I'm getting the Corsair XMS PC3500 BH-5 V1.1 anyday now. It says the timings are 2-2-2-7 or was it 2-2-2-5. I forgot. Anyways, I read somewhere that the timins are set to different numbers by the company for compatibility issues. So... Should I just go for 2-2-2-2? I was thinking to make it all 2's since that will look good. Another thing, people says BH-5 loves extra voltage. Where do I go to change this? What does this voltage change does exactly, as in how is it different from changing the timing n adding extra electricity? Last few question are for the processor. Besides for the CPU Clock, what should I do with the following:

Auto Detect PCI Clk = Enabled
    Spread Spectrum = +/- 0.35%
    ASync AGP/PCI CLK = 66/33KHz
    CPU Clock = 200MHz

Another thing I've been reading is that the PCI/AGP should be locked or something. What r u talking bout?
    -Case - Aspire X-Dreamer (Silver)
    -Processor - P4 2.8C OC 3.26GHz
    -Motherboard - Chaintech S865PE Socket 478 Intel® Pentium 4 800MHz FSB Intel 865PE + ICH5
    -RAMs - pqi TURBO (2 x 1GB) DDR400 Dual Channel 2.5-3-2-5
    -Graphic Card - HIS ATI 512MB X1650 Pro
    -Hard Drive - Western Digital 7200rpm 8mb cache (250gb)
    -CD Drive - NEC DVD-RW ND-2510A

Default Re: Last few Questions

Your timings should be 2-2-2-6 (or 6-2-2-2, more accurately, but less commonly).

Giving more voltage to memory can allow for the memory to run at higher speeds. The same applies with the processor. You can increase the speeds of both in your BIOS, but you will have to increase the voltage as well if you're going to get anywhere.

AGP/PCI should stay at 66/33. Don't allow either number to rise.

Ok... In bios, when I go to "Frequency/Voltage Control". I c this:

Memory Requency (that's just telling me how fast I want to set my RAMs)
    Auto Detect PCI Clk
    Spread Spectrum
    Async AGP/PCI CLK (I'm assuming this is the thing that I should keep 66/33)
    CPU Clock

Is there any other place I should look to change the voltages?
    -Motherboard - Chaintech S865PE Socket 478 Intel® Pentium 4 800MHz FSB Intel 865PE + ICH5

[QUOTE=Yawgm0th]but you will have to increase the voltage as well if you're going to get anywhere.
    QUOTE]

Um, if my manual says "You do not need to change voltage settings because this board will automatically set you CPU voltage.", Does that mean what you said about getting somewhere only if I change the voltage doesn't really matter.

You'll need to increase the CPU voltage if you overclock, but your motherboard may not even have overclocking options. It really doesn't matter if you don't overclock.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    You'll need to increase the CPU voltage if you overclock, but your motherboard may not even have overclocking options. It really doesn't matter if you don't overclock.
    That's the point, I will OC. As you said, I have to increase the voltage. The mobo says that it does that automaticlly for me if I change the motherboard bus speed. It's curretnyl at 200Mhz. The multiplier is at 14 right now. I dont really know how to change the multiplier, so I'm not. If the voltage settings will be changed automaticly for the CPU, will I have to worry bout adding more voltage for the rams, when I change the timings to 2-2-2-6

You won't be able to change the multiplier; just increase the bus speed.
    You won't have to change the voltage for the RAM unless you actually overclock it. Switching to 2-2-2-6 is just proper tRAS, it won't actually take much more on the RAM's part.

Thread Information