Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Some voltage advice !!!

Default Some voltage advice !!!

I have an MSI 845pe max motherboard with intel p4 2.0ghz (fsb 100) overclocked to 2.66 ghz (fsb 133)

Voltage:
    cpu 1.5v
    memory 2.5v (raised to 2.6v)
    agp 1.5v

Temperatures:
    cpu (48c to 54c, when playing can get to 63c)
    system 33c-37c

I need advice as how much should I increase my voltage, or what is the best voltage set for such an overclocking?

Default Re: Some voltage advice !!!

You can ignore the AGP voltage as it'll be fine with the FSB at 133MHz.

If your memory is PC2100 or faster, you'll be fine where you are.

For the CPU, and this assumes it's a Northwood core, don't go any higher than 1.7V or risk your CPU's future demise.

Now, if you're not having stability issues, DON'T INCREASE ANYTHING.

I don't know what kinda cooling you have, but they are getting kinda high under load.
    This could be remedied with a few things. If you don't have good airflow through the case, that can raise temps, and can be fixed with tidying up your cables and possibly adding a case fan or two. You should also look into some thermal compound like Arctic Silver 5 or Ceramique. Scrape off the thermal pad (if you have one) on the CPU heatsink, clean it and the CPU off with isopropyl alcohol, and then apply a thin layer to the CPU.

I cleaned my cpu HS and fan just before I wrote the first message.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I have Northwood core and two 256mb dimm pc2700 ram's.<o:p></o:p>

I have small fan installed on the bus chip where it's wrote MSI 533 (it's come with small ht so I believed a fan can't hurt anything) <o:p></o:p>

I got three fans which push air into the case, two of them are covering the motherboard (I made two holes in the case side) and the last one locate in the front bottom. I got another fan that push air outside, locate in the back beneath the psu atx 400w and I got another psu (an old one 230w) in the upper front.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I am running prime95 now for something like 32houers (I'm not at home right now so I can't report of any bugs, but I promise to right another message in the last 24 houers with more details).

Off topic but I'm curious... why do you change fonts in your posts?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I come back home and my computer crashed, I can't know how much houres prime95 run's becasue the results file can't say anything...

Try with the CPU set to 1.6v.

MY cpu temp` are too high when increasing to 1.6v (1.55 it's the limit for me more then that temp` are getting too much high 70c+)

I decreased my fsb to 125 and got cpu speed to 2.5ghz, and running prime95 torture test for 13houres so far without any error...

cpu temp` max 65 so i'm fine....

Thread Information