Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help with 6800GT overclock (ram issue)

Default Help with 6800GT overclock (ram issue)

Hey guys, I have an EVGA 6800gt, and I am having some issues. The card runs like a champ, idles at 55C, but I am having some issues....I try running it at ULTA settings 400/1.1 and it works fine....Doom 3 etc(max load temp is 74). However, after I reboot the comp a couple of times, the RAM on the card clocks itself down to 1000(from 1.1)...Why? The gpu clock always stays locked, but then the memory clocks down by itself? The temps aren't even that high....I don't understand the reason for this....If i autodetect, it even autodetects at 418/1.21....

ANY insight at all would be helpful...I am running the latest drivers and eveything...Do I need some service running on startup? I disabled everything with MSCONFIG....Am contemplating updating my card's bios maybe, but would prefer not to...If i get an aftermarket cooling solution, do you think this will solve my problems?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by k-dog; 09-01-2004 at 01:36 AM.

Default Re: Help with 6800GT overclock (ram issue)

What utility are you using to make the memory speed changes? It may be some internal setting of that as some have a small radio button you have to activate to keep the settings on a full time basis.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

This is with Coolbits 2.0....on another forum, someone mentioned that this may be a known flaw with the software....any truth to this?

I'll leave that to one of our nVidia guys. I've been ATi for some while now so I don't know. Sorry.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    I'll leave that to one of our nVidia guys. I've been ATi for some while now so I don't know. Sorry.
    Do we even have any experienced nVidia users anymore?

I know with ATI, some cards are OC-locked and needs some replacement drivers, and you need that cool bits registry entry or whatever it is. But I can't help you more than that as I have little experience with nVidia cards.

Well try to use another software see how that works. I never had that problem with a nvidia card.

Try rivatuner. Its damn good. Though I am an ATI user, but it work with most of the cards.

Thread Information