Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: *CHECK THIS* The Fastest OC AMD FX-53

Default *CHECK THIS* The Fastest OC AMD FX-53

Please help , I have this system on the way, I really need some some numbers to shoot for? Should I shoot for 250 fsb @ 2.9, H E L P.. What is possible>?
    I have been reading all these Forums and hope I have success.
    I am a little nervous that my jack*ss will mess something up?

Please respond with your advice and opinions.

CPU AMD 64 FX-53 ATHLON 64 SK 939

MB K8N NEO2 PLATINUM MSI

CASE FAN ANTEC SMARTCOOL 92mm

CASE FAN ANTEC PRO 92mm DBB

CPU Thermalright XP-90 HSINK

OCZ PC-3200 Platinum Rev2 DDRAM 2x512MB

Default Re: *CHECK THIS* The Fastest OC AMD FX-53

You can simply overclock by raising the multiplier, too. With A64s, having the RAM speed and base clock (formerly FSB) speed higher won't do much.

I have no idea how high you could get, though. Whenever your temps stop you.

Yep, you won't get really high speeds on the memory with the FX53 processor. Testing your MSI board I was able to get to 220 before it locked and with the Abit AV8 I was able to get to 218. Multiplier manipulation is going to be key for htis processor, but don't expect a huge increase. This FX53 is running at near its limit out of the box.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

OK - Another guy emailed me these results below with his FX-53 and 512 OCZ memory? Can you tell me which has better performance for OC? It looks like he has really focused on improveing the FSB rather than the multiplier?? Can you tell me which is better?

290fsb x9 for 2.6 ghz

2.5-4-3-10 1T 2.85v active cooled memory…ie a fan blowing on them ;-)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

I'd like to see the stability testing done at settings like this. When I tested the settings I mentioned above, I dropped the multiplier to a 10 so that the overall processor speed would not be topping out and cause the choke point. But given the poor timings you relate in those results, I would go for a rise in multiplier.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by tabiggs
    290fsb x9 for 2.6 ghz

2.5-4-3-10 1T 2.85v active cooled memory…ie a fan blowing on them ;-)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
    To get to those sorts of speed you will need to change the "HT Frequency" multiplier down to 3 (this is found in the Cell Menu and is set at 4 by default) but most FX-53's will only get to around 2.6GHz anyway unless you have some very exotic cooling in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    But given the poor timings you relate in those results, I would go for a rise in multiplier.
    Precisely. Tests have shown real-world applications don't even get much benefit from running Athlon 64s with ememroy at 200MHz and 166MHz. Running at 290Mhz will mean performance loss due to relaxed timings. I would recommend you get the RAM as high as it will go at stock timings, and then pump up the multiplier until heat or voltage becomes and issue.

Thread Information