Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: tweaking...?

Default tweaking...?

Hi, there

I hope this is the right place for what I've got to ask, if not im very sorry and it's to be deleted, closed or moved elsewhere..

ok now
    I just got me a nice new machine but im more than discontent with the way it performs, altho' I've done pretty much everything I know to enhance performance.

Specs:
    -Amd Athlon 64 S939 3500+
    -nVidia Nforce3 250 Ultra (Shuttle XPC SN95G5) Mainboard
    -512MB, Corsair XMS CL2 PC3200 (400) DDR-SDRam
    -128MB, Leadtek A400 TDH (Geforce6800)
    -200GB, Seagate ST3200822AS 7200 S-ATA_150 8MB
    -LiteOn LDW-401s
    installed WindowsXP SP2
    ...anything else important to add?

well heres the problem:
    While performing quite convinient with Doom³, the system has its problems with e.g. FarCry and even sucks at Battlefield Vietnam for example. So I thought I'll test a benchmark program and downloaded 3dmark05. Well, the results were pretty disappointing: 2230 3dMarks! That's pretty bad considering there are ppl beating this score with a ghz less and older gfx-cards. I figured there has got to be sth wrong with my system but after installing latest forceware(61.77 or sth), latest nforce drivers and the Athlon64 drivers i merely got 2420 3dMarks which wasn't that much of an increase and definitely not what I've been expecting. Well now, since im not very good at tweaking PCs anyway and did pretty much everything I know to speed up, I thought before going all out I'd ask here and see if you guys know something. Anyway, I'd be very grateful for any hints and stuff.. :)

Default Re: tweaking...?

Read the Windows XP tweaking guides at www.tweakguides.com.

Edit: Also, update your drivers for your chipset, followed by your video card drivers (yes, again).
    Last edited by Yawgm0th; 10-04-2004 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    Read the Windows XP tweaking guides at www.tweakguides.com.

Edit: Also, update your drivers for your chipset, followed by your video card drivers (yes, again).
    thx, but isnt 61.77 the latest forceware driver? And nforce (chipset) drivers are 5.10 so they should be the latest ones too..

The point is that you update them in order. Check for the latest nForce drivers at nVidia. I don't own an nForce board ATM so I don't recall what the latest driver is.

Thread Information