Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Msi neo2-v overclocking

Default Msi neo2-v overclocking

ok so i bought a new msi neo2v p4 board and drop in an old 2.4g processor i had to day and put what must be the crapiest cpu cooler ive ever bought and decided to try to over clock it just for the hell of it

well i hit 3ghz before system got unstable, and that becasue i got no name ddr266 ram in it

load temps at 47, idle at 42, something cant be right here because i never even touched the core voltages for the cpu or ram or anything!

i turned it down to 2700mhz as not to temp fate while i sleep but has everyone else had this kind of luck over clocking the p4 2.4 512k chips? i might acutally buy a decent cooler and up it to 3.4 and some decent ram if it wants to work this well, i think it may be because of the board.

anyone else having this much luck or having troubles with this setup?

Default Re: Msi neo2-v overclocking

When you make the processor run faster, it will run hotter, regardless of whether or not you up the voltage. A load temp of 47 is nothing to complain about. Get yourself some faster RAM and you'll have more room to overclock before temperatures becomes a problem. A better cooler with Arctic Silver 5 will help a lot, too.

Is that "old 2.4" a 100, 133 or 200Mhz FSB CPU?

its a 533 so i guess 133, yes i understand hotter is better but i dont understanb why mine isnt hotter! im going to buy that coolmaster heat pipe today and i always use artic silver

What? hotter is better? where did u get that from?
    ATI Radeon X800XL | AMD XP2800 | Nvidia Nforce 2 M7NCD | Corsair Twinx1024XL 1024mb RAM | Sea Gate ST3120022A 7200 RPM 120 gig Hard Drive | Audigy2 ZS

Thread Information