Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! My 3dMark05 score is sO LOW. HELP!

Default HELP! My 3dMark05 score is sO LOW. HELP!

yea.. considering all of the pretty high-end hardware, my 3dMark05 score is a big disappointment. my system specs are following:

ASUS K8V-SE DELUXE
    AMD 64 3400+ 1mb (1mb cache)
    single DIMM 1gb Corsair xms ecc registered pc 3200 ram
    PNY geForce 6800 ultra @ 455mhz/1.16ghz (overclocked using coolbits)
    Creative audigy 2 platinum
    Western Digital 74 gb 10k rpm raptor HDD

I got under 2000 points on 3dmark05. I've seen people posting their scores higher than 3k with same processor and a 6800GT.I am using the latest geforce driver from nVidia. I'm getting really frustrated having spent $3k just on parts alone and getting a score like that. Anyone that thinks they might be able to help please post.!!

Default Re: HELP! My 3dMark05 score is sO LOW. HELP!

Well that registered RAM isn't helping... In fact that should hurt a lnoticable amount. Wy on earth did you get ECC registered?

What power supply are you using? What operating system are you using?

Do you have the latest nForce drivers for your motherboard? In what order did you install the drivers?

You should look at www.tweakguides.com and read the Windows XP Tweaking Guide: Reformat to Relax. That should be a big start.

EEC reg ram is only used for servers... its have a extra bit so it can keep the register stored in them... and are 110% worthless for a normal pc... os its the cause for u low score.. i whould think.
    P4 3,2Northwood @ 3678
    Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
    Corsair TwinX DDR4000
    Ati 9800 Pro
    74GB Raptor SATA
    250 Gb Maxtor SATA

ECC type memory modules add in a third cycle to be used as an "Error Correction" feature. In essence, you're asking your memory to slow itself down by 33% or more for this feature. This is not good for gaming.enthusiast rigs at all. As Smoelf pointed out above, it is designed for servers where perfect data transfers is paramount to a successful business.

Secondly, a quick check of the Asus site shows your board is not designed to be used with registered modules. This will also create a huge compatibility problem and will have a drastic effect on any benchmarking you do, and likely will give substandard performance in regular games to boot.

If you can take your memory back and get something else, I would highly recommend it. Look for something in the lines of a non-ECC/non-registered PC3500 memory type.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

okay so is there any tweaking of some sort i can do, or even change of drivers?

Yes, but it won't fix the fact that you have ECC registered RAM (and I am suprised registered even works). You simply need to replace that RAM. If you sell it online, you will easily get enough for the same quanitity of new unbuffered non-ecc RAM, because that's expensive stuff that'll sell for a bit, even used.

Thanx

So which ram should i change to.? would ddr 3500 or 4000 work?

Dont get PC4000. Stick with Cas2 PC3500.

I'd actually stick with PC3200 if you are getting RAM. Some of the best RAM out there is actually PC3200. In fact, the highest RAM speed ever achieved at Anandtech was using Crucial Balistix PC3200, which is only rated at P3200 with 2-3-2 speeds, and it is just aobut the best RAM for A64 system. If using something high-quality, but cheaper, PC3500 is generally best.
    Last edited by Yawgm0th; 11-08-2004 at 06:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information