Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One could call me a murder, I've killed so many computers. Here's my latest victim.

Default Re: One could call me a murder, I've killed so many computers. Here's my latest victim.

You can get bios updates that alow you to overclock using the multiplier.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Default Re: One could call me a murder, I've killed so many computers. Here's my latest victim.

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Nice lie...P4's don't have a multplier adjustment.
    That's actually not true anymore as the latest highend Prescotts do have limited multiplier adjustment as you can see by this CPU-Z screenshot of a P4 570 which has multlipliers from 14-19 unlocked (you can't step the CPU up but you can step it down to increase the FSB rate).
    Attached Images Attached Images One could call me a murder, I've killed so many computers. Here's my latest victim.-570-jpg 

It is true still. That screenshot is of an Engineering Sample (Hence the ES), of which are unlocked, but I honestly doubt this guy has an ES..

That is an engineering sample but it like all new EO stepping CPU's uses Intel's new Enhanced Halt State mode and this feature offers load-dependent clock speed modulation which uses the multiplier and combined with Intel's new Thermal Monitoring 2 improves the P4's thermal loss by not only lowering the mutliplier but the core voltage also (a 3.8GHz 570 will throttle down to 2.8GHz when the OS goes into idle mode).

Default Re: One could call me a murder, I've killed so many computers. Here's my latest victi

geocities
    Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    That is an engineering sample but it like all new EO stepping CPU's uses Intel's new Enhanced Halt State mode and this feature offers load-dependent clock speed modulation which uses the multiplier and combined with Intel's new Thermal Monitoring 2 improves the P4's thermal loss by not only lowering the mutliplier but the core voltage also (a 3.8GHz 570 will throttle down to 2.8GHz when the OS goes into idle mode).
    Ah, didn't know that. I'm assuming that software is made to bypass that stuff then and change it manually...

I do know that ASUS and MSI have BIOS's out (there are likely others as well) that will let you manually set the multiplier of these new stepping CPU's within the limits set (they will all drop by 5 from the maximum set multiplier).

Ah, well thats cool then. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information