Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: p4p800-vm mobo, OC always freezes the computer.

Default p4p800-vm mobo, OC always freezes the computer.

I tried, using Clock gen, to OC my proc.

Im using a p4 2.6 Ghz Ht proccesor, on a asus p4p800-vm mobo.

Since I cannot change any settings in the Bios to help me out, Im trying to use sofware.

The p4p800vm is suppose to be a real anti-OC mobo, but I have read on other forums with people having success in OCing using this board. However every time I try my computer freezes~

Any other program recommendations maybe? Or maybe someone might know how I could get it with clock gen? Thanks.

Default Re: p4p800-vm mobo, OC always freezes the computer.

Google around for CPUFSB and SoftFSB but software overclocking isn't that good as you still don't have any voltage adjustments to help stabilise the system plus overclocking is where that low speed memory of your's will really hurt.

is pc2700 really that slow?

I'll try those 2 and see if my compy will not get stuck.

Think of your CPU doing business as an 8 lane freeway in peak hour but when you get to your memory you suddenly find that you're down to 6 lanes with the same volume of traffic. Your CPU and chipset was designed to get the best performance with PC3200, anything less causes a bottleneck.

hmm, i see.

I saw a 512 stick for sale at OEM express here. pc3200, how would that run side by side with my current ram? Would it make my current ram useless?

Im getting the 512 stick soon, regardless, but I just want to know if the DDR333:DDR266 relationship is like the DDR400:DDR333 one.

The ram is "Azen" ram, but a 512 mb pc3200 stick for 96$ canadian is still a bargain!

Sell the current memory that you have if you have to but buy 2 x 512MB PC3200 sticks, that is your best solution and remember that you are running a dual channel system which requires matched pairs (changing just one stick for something different is asking for trouble).
    Im getting the 512 stick soon, regardless, but I just want to know if the DDR333:DDR266 relationship is like the DDR400:DDR333 one.
    PC2100 would be like dropping down another 2 lanes.

Hmm..
    So your saying it is bad to run one stick of 512 with two 256s?

I dont want to spend too much money right now, so if the 512 won't give me a nice boost I think i'll steer clear of it for now.

Yes it could wind up corrupting your hard drive data at first boot or be very unstable eventually leading to the first.

Ok, I'll just keep my 512 for now.. next upgrade I will get DDr2 right away (and a mobo to support it ofcourse). =D

Well don't get an Intel or OEM class/manufacturer's one as these won't overclock thru the BIOS (get a Tier1 manufacturer's performance mainboard, you have a Tier1 OEM mainboard).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information