Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: overclockinig eMachine t2825

Southern California where the sun shines !

Default overclockinig eMachine t2825

hey guys i just register today..yeaaa.. but anyways.. after hearing about overclocking processors through other forums and this one .. i got intrested in it.. so i was wondering if you guys can help me how to overclock or show me links that have step by step to overclock an emachine t2825 and what i need b4 hand....and i want my comp to get some more power in it into this computer .....thanks guys *minuslife

MY EMACHINCE T2825
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
    AMD Athlon™ XP 2800+ Processor (2.083 GHz) with QuantiSpeed™ architecture
    NVIDIA® nForce™2
    120 GB HDD
    1 GB DDR (PC 2700)
    Geforce FX 5200 128mb AGP 8x
    creative soundblaster audigy 2zs
    i

Default Re: overclockinig eMachine t2825

Well for one if you overclock you run the chance of voiding your warrenty.... secondly it is impossable to overclock most or all emachines systems through bios unless you changed the motherboard. I can see that there is a nForce 2 motherboard in there and those usualy overclock pretty good. In the bios there may be a title that says frequency/voltage control or somthing like that... any way go in there and increace the FSB by small amounts and see what happens... If you get any blue screen or any wanrings that state your temps are to high, lower FSB.... If your computer fails to boot stick a little plastic jumper on the reset bios jumper on your motherboard.

You may want to wiat for some more advice before you continue though.
    Last edited by Amd_Lover2004; 11-28-2004 at 05:02 AM.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

there should be an overclocking guide at www.tweaktown.com itself. I found that one to be pretty useful. I got my ex 1700+ @ 1.83GHz (1st overclock ever) after I read that. Go to this link and read around :

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=376
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

Hey man. I feel sorry for you and your system. Your not going to get much noticable difference in performance with OC esp on that system. The biggest thing you can do is update that cheesy graphics card to a 9600 Xt at least. and add some faster ram.

However if you seem intent on overclocking. What kind of BIOS does your system have? Are you familiar with resetting your BIOS by pulling off the CMOS jumper? You need to know that first...
    "Alex : As an unmuddied lake, Fred. As clear as an azure sky of deepest summer. You can rely on me, Fred." Clockwork Orange

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../clockwork.jpg

You can try SoftFSB or CPUFSB (Google them), but there's a pretty good chance you won't be able to overclock at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    You can try SoftFSB or CPUFSB (Google them), but there's a pretty good chance you won't be able to overclock at all.
    hmm software overclockers are easier but they can screw up a system very fast....
    "Alex : As an unmuddied lake, Fred. As clear as an azure sky of deepest summer. You can rely on me, Fred." Clockwork Orange

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../clockwork.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmep
    hmm software overclockers are easier but they can screw up a system very fast....
    It sounds like you really don't know what you're talking about as software overclocking involves some homework but people who don't know what they're doing can screw a system up permanently and even faster just using the BIOS.

Software overclocking is almost certainly the only option in this scenario, anyway... Read the title, "overclocking eMachine t2825." I've never seen or heard of an eMachine coming with a BIOS that allows for voltage or frequency adjustments, or even a motherboard that can have it's BIOS replaced for overclocking.

Besides, a software overclock is no worse than a BIOS overclock, if the software has no problems. It still technically has to go through the BIOS, so as long as it does that right there won't be problems that wouldn't exist anyway.

You basically might as well just not even bother trying to OC that machine, all you can use if Software and it rarely gets you much of anywhere.

Thread Information