Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P4C SOYO MB Overclock

Default P4C SOYO MB Overclock

Hey guys,

I was one of those that got the Newegg deal on the SOYO I865PE Dragon 2 V1.0 motherboard, free after rebates. Besides the fact that I hope the rebate actually comes in, it's a nice motherboard for a sub-100 dollar price. Stable and no problems for me as opposed to others I've heard. Here are my system specs in addition to the motherboard:

Rosewill TU-155 mid-tower case
    MGE XG 500W power supply
    Intel Pentium 4C HT Northwood 3.0 GHz socket 478 at 800 MHz FSB and 512 KB L2 cache
    NVIDIA GeForce 6800 OC'ed at 480/970 Mhz
    1 GB DDR400 / PC3200 ProMOS and Geil memory on dual channel (4 x 256 MB modules)
    Western Digital 80 GB (2 MB buffer "quiet" version) EIDE hard drive
    Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 PCI sound card
    Samsung 16X DVD-ROM EIDE drive
    Samsung 48X CD-RW EIDE drive

1x Thermaltake Spark 7+ Xaser Edition HSF for P4 (freaking jet engine on loudest)
    2x Vantec UV LED 80 mm fans in case front
    1x Vantec UV LED 80 mm fan in case back
    1x Vantec fan card in PCI slot
    1x Vantec active hard drive cooler
    1x Vantec AreoCool 70 mm fan on case side (this is why you shouldnt get that Rosewill case ... 70 mm?! took me forever + a fortune to find this baby)
    1x Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5 on video card
    ... all applied with Arctic Silver 5

Now with that out of the way, my question is about the obvious overclocking limitations of this BIOS. You can only set the CPU FSB speed and match it the memory speed with it. Now I know some of my components, namely the memory and perhaps the mobo aren't the best overclockers, but I'm thinking they can handle more of an overclock over 3.06 GHz? And as you can see, cooling is definately not a problem.

Does anyone know of a solution for this motherboard to overclock better, besides physically modding it, such as a new BIOS or something that unlocks features? I'm assuming stuff like voltage adjusters etc would help alot. Thanks in advance guys!

Default Re: P4C SOYO MB Overclock

It is possable that there is a bios update that will alow you to play with the settings more freely, though I am not very experianced with SOYO motherboards. The options olso may be hidden try pushing Ctrl F1, that works on mine not to sure bout yours though. Sorry if this is not much help.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Helo, I am not sure what you are looking for but for over clocking i found 4 sticks do not do to well . I switched to 2 x 512 sticks style myself
    Vulcan chicks are hot .......... Cezch chicks are hot ............ my left palm is not

Quote Originally Posted by Amd_Lover2004
    The options olso may be hidden try pushing Ctrl F1, that works on mine not to sure bout yours though.
    That only works with Gigabyte mainboards.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDudeWhoBe
    Helo, I am not sure what you are looking for but for over clocking i found 4 sticks do not do to well
    If the sticks were all the same and of the single sided type then it shouldn't be a prob but it is a prob with 4 double sticks (but in this case the memory is mixed manufacture which isn't good).

xm8, if you can't change the CPU/memory ratio then get get rid of the memory that you have and get 2 x 512MB PC3500-PC3700 modules of the exact same make and model (you could get PC4000 or greater but I doubt that you could make those sweat with that CPU). Can and have you locked the AGP/PCI busesa to 66/33MHz?

Thanks for everyone's responses. I used to have 512 MB of RAM before, and nothing has really changed with the additional 512. Problem is, the BIOS really doesn't say anything about the CPU / memory ratio, or the AGP / PCI locks, and after a lot of research (mostly on forums) I'm just starting to think this motherboard just naturally has "NO OVERCLOCKING" printed in its circuits :]

Do you have your memory setting at DDR400?
    If it is then you're running a 1:1 CPU/memory ratio, if you set this value to DDR333 then you'll be running a 5:4 one if your BIOS has these settings.

Thread Information