Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help Comp Wont Post!!!

Hi i had instablities in my main system random rebooting and the like. To try solve this issue i went into the bios and tried lowering the cpu multiplier from its stock 7.5 to 7.0 multiplier. After doing this and saving this in the bios the computer wouldnt post. I tried setting the jumpers to the required fsb, multiplier and voltage this also didnt work. The motherboard is a asus A7V133-c with an AMD DURON 750.
    Sure it was those inocent looking sheep~!

If you're Duron isn't unlocked, then the lockup is to be expected. Your system would be refusing to boot because it can't handle the multiplier choice.

If I recall on the older Asus boards, you have to short out a couple of leads on the motherboard to return the CMOS to factory default settings. Check your manual to be sure, or hit up the Asus website and download a copy of it if you don't have a hard copy available to you.

Most motherboards can be reset by either removing the battery for about 15 minutes or so, or by setting a jumper on the board for a few seconds. But like I said, I believe the Asus boards required some fancy work with a pair of contact points.

Good luck. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information