Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on OC settings?

Default Advice on OC settings?

Hey guys, first time post btw. I just got my RevE 3000 and MSI Neo2 Plat in the mail and now im looking for a good cooler. Anyone have an input for me? Also if someone could direct me to where I can look at peoples settings for this setup so I can get an idea of what I am likely to achieve?

System: RevE 3000
    MSI Neo2 Plat
    2X512 HyperX3200
    Gforce6800GT

Thanks for any/all the help, happy to be here guys!

~B

Default Re: Advice on OC settings?

Oh and lastly is the REVE gona OC THAT much better than the Win core? Thnx

Did I ask a dumb question or did I just hit a painfull topic thats been beat to crap? Any help? lol.

Welcome aboard... must have missed this one somehow.

You have a nearly unlimited choice in cooling. I tested this motherboard with a Thermal;take POLO735 and there was no trouble getting everything in proprley. There is a lot of room around the socket area so you shouldn't have to worry much. As to what youwill use, that really depends on the budget. I've converted over to water and have no plans on going back to air but it isn't a cheap road to follow.

As to whether your processor will OC better than another, there is never a guarantee. Time and patience will let you know how far you can go. As for settings, it again depends on the system as you will seldom get the same results on two different boxes, even with identical parts lists. For good tweaking of the BIOS, I recommend the BIOS Optimization Guide that can be found over at www.rojakpot.com since it is about the best one I've seen so far.

Good luck!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Alrighty, got everything up and running. Having some trouble ocing this, I think my memory maybe the problem. Currently running (in Dual Channel mode) Kingston HyperX KHX3200A/512x2. Max memory is set to 166 and my HTT is 4x131, CPU multi is 9. Temps are good to go but running prime gives a warning about an hour through. Any advice on where to go from here? Ill update with more of my settings later. Any help puts a smile on my face. Thanks guys!

Have you increased the core and memory voltages yet?

I increased memory to 2.6 and CPU to 1.55. Funny thing is that when I go from 231FSB to 234 I get either no POST or BIOS freezes seconds after I enter it, or if I try to boot into windows it tells me I have a missing file(weve all seen before). I am wondering what maybe causing this. I have my AGP locked (67Mhz) and my SATA are in slots 3+4. Memory is set to max at 166 and the fact that I am oc it runs to I think 192 or so. I wouldnt think that was the problem seeing as it is DDR3200. hmmm questions that need answers...lol Thanks

OK was able to achieve 2.2 oc but when I run prime it gives me an error in about 10 minutes. Running only cpu it has gone 5 hours without a problem, only memory results in an error after about 45mins. I think my PSU is too small at the moment(380) but I wanna be sure I am doing everything else correct. I cannot find the "stress.txt" file to find out where the errors are coming from. Any ideas? Lastly what can happen if your pumping too much voltage into underclocked memory? I have my 3200ddr clocked down to 133 and with OC it hits 160 at the moment but in bios I have voltage set to 2.6 but Core Cell says its 2.7? Thanks guys.

Raise the memory voltage to 2.8V and see if that fixes those errors but if it doesn't then slow the timings up a bit.
    Last edited by wayout44; 05-22-2005 at 05:53 PM.

Hey Wayout, is it a problem to give too much voltage to memory running at that low of a speed? I have a buddy who was overclocking RDR and he said it wasnt good and that I should lower the voltage. Just curious on your thoughts, ill give that a try tho. LMK. Thanks. What do you think about the PSU issue?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information