Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: OC problem: winchester 3000+

Default OC problem: winchester 3000+

Following setup:
    Amd 3000+ socket 939
    K8T neo2 platinum
    2x512 OCZ platinum (dual channel)
    2x160gb Samsung sata
    Nec dual layer burner
    400 watt power supply
    Thermaltake heatsink/fan with arctic silver 5
    Anything missing lmk.

I basically overclocked from 1.8 to 2.565 and temperature and voltage was steady but the computer kept rebooting so I clocked down to 2.503 and I ran Prime95 for 5 hours doing numerous test and it was stable. Today I turn it on and Windows says, "just recovered from fatal error" and it starts the reboot again. I clock to 2.430 and now its stable again. Through all of the OC temperature and voltage has stayed the same (38 C). Please advise. We have 3 other machines running smooth at 2.5-2.6

Default Re: OC problem: winchester 3000+

Personally I'd point the finger at the PSU which maybe suffering "sag" (voltages may stay constant but the amps don't) and for a s939 setup I don't use less than a 430W PSU but if the setup is to be o/c'd then I don't use anything less than 480W.

Hey Lyttle, I have a very similar setup and im curious how you got that sweet OC. Bios settings and what is your Mem Settings/stock speed?

Let me get the system running correctly and I will let you guys know the bios settings. I dont want to provide numbers that mess up a system.

480PSU huh? I think I only got a 380Vantec....running an Geforce6800gt 2 SATA drives and serious cooling....perhaps this could be my main problem..I do get a RAID problem once in a while when I boot...gives me the whole send/dont send windows thing...odd.

Do not go to monarchcomputers to order stuff. I RMA'd them my defective motherboard and they said nothing was wrong because they tested it with IDE drives when I was using SATA... Now I cannot setup raid 0 because SATA ports 1/2 do not work.. I am going to loosen memory timing and try 2.556 again and see how that goes.

I'd go on from what Wayout said and say that you're PSU certainly looks like the cause. I generally recomend 480W for socket 939 systems, and yours has a lot to power, not to meniton it's overclocked.

Ok I will swap the PSU with my friends 480watt antec and see if it solves the problem. So far at 2.430 it hasn't restarted once.

Thread Information