Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASUS BIOS "Auto - Ocing" ???

Default ASUS BIOS "Auto - Ocing" ???

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with using the Automatic overclocking feature in ASUS BIOS?
    In the ASUS motherboard BIOS you have the option to increase your overclocking by a default pre-set amount. Either 10%, 20%, 30%.

Anybody succesfully used this feature before?
    What does it adjust? Only CPU, or does it also overclock memory?

I'm an overclocking noob, and want the safest route possible to more performance.
    I'm not looking to push the limits of my system, but a 20-30% increase would be sweet!
    Thermaltake V2000A XaserIII Case (7 fans)
    ASUS P4C800 Deluxe motherboard
    Pentium 4 3.2E Prescott
    Artic Silver 5
    1 GB PC4000 Corsair Twin-X Pro matched DDR500
    Case Fans 7 , 32cfm blue-led 80mm fans
    CPU HSF - Thermaltake POLO All copper, with 80 mm fan

Default Re: ASUS BIOS "Auto - Ocing" ???

Give it ago and when you get a stable auto setting transfer those settings into manual mode and then tweak the settings more from there.

I played with the Automatic settings last night, and was able to get to 10% stable. I tried 20%, but found myself staring at a bluescreen.

So, from here I can set to manual and tweak stuff?
    What settings are the ones I should mess with? There are all kinds of different mhz and voltage settings. I know from searching the forum that I should up the voltage some, but by how much?
    I'm asking these questions because I know that the answer differs from one motherboard to another, and I'm hoping someone has experience with the ASUS P4C800 Deluxe.
    Pentium 4 3.2E Prescott
    Artic Silver 5

I have been up to 20% it gives 3.85 on the cpu, you may not have enough voltage to your cpu for it to go beyond 10%, you say 7 case fans etc but no specs on your psu.

I used to be able to do 20% until I got my 6800U now it is a no go so I put it down to the psu being tapped out.
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Right,
    The PSU is an Antec 430w psu.
    Don't know much else about it....

It was a last-minute buy from CompUSA.... yeah, I know.

Is there any way to "monitor" how the PSU is doing?
    Last edited by hondatune; 06-29-2005 at 08:30 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Pentium 4 3.2E Prescott
    Artic Silver 5

I'm not looking to push the limits of my system, but a 20-30% increase would be sweet!

20-30% is pretty much pushing the limits of your system.
    However, the Automatic Overclocking doesnt apply to all aspects of the system.

Your power supply is not the issue. Antec is a decent psu and even if the 430 watt model delivers 350 watts under load, you're doing well. Im running a 300 W enermax with a similar system at 3.5 GHZ stable.

I couldnt get past 20% with an automatic overclock myself.

Again, I would advise you to mimmick my settings (as posted in my thread) and use that as a starting point-- because our systems are quite similar, you might be able to attain even better results.

Blue screens on the asus p4p series (in terms of overclocking issues) generally relates to undervolting, as Ive discovered. My ram is @ 2.85, and my cpu is at 1.75.

The auto overclock doesnt bump your voltages, and you cant alter them on this motherboard while using the auto overclock.

The feature is nothing more than a novelty.

Thread Information