Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: overclocking a very old celeron need help

Default overclocking a very old celeron need help

yes so i would like to overclock my 366mhz celeron just bc i want to and it wouldnt be a terrible loss if it got damaged or something.

it has an asus mebvm motherboard so i check there site to find what the latest bios is. (it is a very old HP so i could not mover the jumpers like i saw on the manual that i downloaded.) i found the list of things you can download its HERE

can someone tell me what i need to download and put on and or flash the bios im really confused i remember reading somewhere that i needed to create some system disc

EDIT: oh yea the latest bios is a beta is that good or bad? im running win98 SE on it.

Default Re: overclocking a very old celeron need help

Go with the Beta version of your BIOS, since it will have the latest fixes and more options (maybe). Since your multiplier is locked you'll have to raise the FSB. If you have good cooling you should be able to pull your cpu speed up to +- 800MHz. Make sure there is a way to lock your AGP/PCI speeds when you start to take your settings higher (33/66 is their default). for your FSB, 156 (or 39 MHz) is right about the limit before data corruptions begins. A Slot 1 366 MHz celeron is a good overclocker. Also, what's the limit for your ram? The coppermine (as most others) will pretty much do what you tell it to.

actually its a socket 370 i think. its not the coppermine version oh well. my ram is generic nothing retail like corsair i got 2 128mb sticks in i have 256mb lying around that i should put in. i know on the asus website they have stuff on how to flash the bios on newer boards but it's seemed really confusing. the aflash.exe program that i think i need i put on a floppy and rebooted in msdos mode and type a:\aflash.exe and it said something like could not find source boot or something wierd and it wouldnt run. is there like a really old forum from way back when when this thing was hot on the market and someone wanted to overclock this? 5.5x67mhz=368.5 ish

Try to get the Asus Update program. It flashes your bios through windows instead of booting from a disk. Other than that program and booting from a floppy I couldn't tell you how to flash it. If you can change the settings you need to in your bios now and it's stable, I wouldn't mess with it. An updated bios probably won't give you anything new.
    Last edited by eat@joes; 06-28-2005 at 01:54 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Thread Information